Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to the dragstrip today, and at the end of every run when i was about to turn around i noticed my engine was off. whats is up? i know my car didnt stall. i did a good clean run and the engine just shut off at the end. why?

·
Registered
587 Posts
did you recently install any mods, like a pop charger? If the ECU has not had enough time to adjust to the new mods, the Z will sometimes stall if you push the clutch in and let it drop from high rpms

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did install the popcharger

·
Registered
655 Posts
:OMG:

So you get through the entire run and then while slowing way down it just shuts off? Geez, that would scare the crap outta me.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I've had my pop charger in for more than half of my total miles with zero issues (knock on wood). Check your installation.

Also, have you re-oiled the filter recently? Could be clogging the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmm

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Definately a popcharger. This has happened to me and several others. instead of putting it in neutral and just hitting the brake after your run, downshift also.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interesting. ok. but why does it stall out the motor

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man i was swerving in and out of traffic today at a higher speed and the same thing happened. im like omg! gotta learn not to drop it into neutral. but its only from going into neutral and releasing the clutch at higher speed right?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sounds like it's kicking into "Safe Mode". Also, check the oxygen sensor....these Zs don't like it when we touch the air flow system.....Very finicky cars.....GL2U...Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem, after I let my revs drop back, it shuts off. So whenever I put it in neutral, I give it some gas so it wont shut off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts