Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 2005 350Z (base model) for just about a year (12,500 miles) and my car is having an intermittent problem.

While accelerating, my RPM will flicker violently and the car would jerk severely as if I was stalling. The car would then lose power and shut off. The engine light would come on. This happened twice already so I took it to the dealer. They said that their computer diagnosed as being misfired but could not find the cause.

Has anyone experience this?

I'm deathly afraid of my car since this happens intermittently.

Any advice would help.

Techswitch

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
You are running premium gas right? what mods, if any have you done, especially if it involved splicing into the ECU, BCM or CAN.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The dealer didn't do anything with your car? If so, why not?

I was thinking bad injector, disconnected vacuum lines, bad fuel pump, faulty sensors, etc.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have had the same problems before but I have yet to get around to bringing in the car for the dealer to take a look at it. I have been trying to just figure it out on my own. I have it narrowed down to the VDC, the ECU and the throttle position sensor on my gas pedal.

The one thing my car doesn't do is stall, it just won't accelerate at all, it very very slowly accelerates as if the VDC is not letting it go fast. But the slip light never comes on. Since this has happenes intermittenly I don't really rush to have it checked out. Plus I think it saves gas.

I would first try to reset your ECU, and throttle position sensor there is a procedure to do this yourself. We have a well established library called Zwiki.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki

We also have a search feature, [search=ecu] Check out the results for ECU [/search]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts