Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Changed engine oil and oil filter yesterday to Castrol Formula R Synthetic 5W-30 and Valvoline V070.

Car drives smoother :D

Trying to change engine oil and oil filter every 5000Kms, though this can be a "pain" using jack stands as opposed to a hoist.

Anyway, this is the second time I have changed the engine oil and oil filter myself.

Cheers,
Z33Fairlady

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Nice! :) :cheers:

It can be sometimes hard to stick to the plan of every 5000. I tend to go and use my buddy's hoist and garage as much as possible. :) We did the brakes and suspension in no time on that.

How many km on it now?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Good work!

So asume that on the 10k intervals you take it to the dealership for the service?

The only reason i ask you'd void the warranty otherwise true?

I'd like to do my oil servicing myself to so i know what kind of oil is going into it. ie Mobile 1

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! :) :cheers:

It can be sometimes hard to stick to the plan of every 5000. I tend to go and use my buddy's hoist and garage as much as possible. :) We did the brakes and suspension in no time on that.

How many km on it now?
The car has done just over 30,000kms from new.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good work!

So asume that on the 10k intervals you take it to the dealership for the service?

The only reason i ask you'd void the warranty otherwise true?

I'd like to do my oil servicing myself to so i know what kind of oil is going into it. ie Mobile 1
Yeah, at the 10,000kms intervals I will give it to the dealership for the service. Hmm, now I am worried that I should not have done the oil and filter from a warranty voiding perspective :s

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'm using Motul 300V Chrono 10W40. Just got the car back from servicing, and **** does the motor like fresh oil.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Call me paranoid but many times i've thought of buying some high grade oil like Mobil 1 and giving it to Nissan monkeys to use in my car. But i've got a feeling they will just pocket my oil and use their crap anyway.

Has anyone ever done this before?

Becuase really there really is no way of confirming what oil is really in there.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
There is an easy way to confirm what oil is going in, dont go to a Nissan service centre for a service. They are untrust worthy, they dont know the 350z and they will try to rip you off senseless time and time again.

If you live in Sydney I know someone really good who has real world credientials for working on 350zs and you wont void your warranty.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm in Melbourne any ideas as to who might be of a similar calibre as the crew your talking about in Syndey

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Question for all you guys that drop your own oil and do your own service etc.

Obviously you dont stamp your own service books to? (or do you? j/k)

So what about when the time comes to sell up? then what?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
how much would nizpro charge for a service? ie; oil/filter change and all those crap checks?

i enjoyed paying $160 for my 5000km service at Bundoora Nissan, and driving that mint pulsar all day :cheers: especially since im used to laying out 400-500 on my past euro cars

im going to do the 5k intervals myself too. I have a mate who has a shop near me with brand new hoists i use for mods

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
yeah and when you service it yourself.

They'll hope you didn't drop a beer into the Engine mixed with oil hahahaha.

Just kidding :p

·
Registered
342 Posts
NOt exactly the answers i was looking for ;)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
we're only joking dude

but afaik not servicing the car at a Nissan dealer voids the warranty.......i could be wrong though

i have the 6 year 175K warranty on my car, and with all the gearbox stories, im happy to suck it in and continue taking it to a dealer every 10K

1 - 20 of 57 Posts