Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
+1 if you have all this money to go and build an NA car then just do FI its cheaper and you'll wee more gains for the price of all these NA mods to even hit 300whp you can buy a Vortech SC kit and be throwing down 340whp for cheaper do reaserch.... bottom line
I don't agree 100% with F/I over N/A. N/A does have benefits. Biggest one is classing in certain types of amateur and pro racing. F/I places you into a whole new ball game. Also F/I in the long terms cost more. Maintenance and up-keep is costly on a F/I car.

My post you quoted wasn't ment as F/I is "better" than N/A. More of that the owner needs to first figure out what the purpose of the car will be and what their budget is.

IE: I'm seriously considering a Z34 and plan on making it 90% road racing and 10% weekend cruiser. My first mods I feel will benefit me on the track are; oil cooler, better brake pads and, a wheel/tire combo. After that a Quaife diff. As I haven't done much research on mods for the Z34 I don't know what to do after that. But as you can see, N/A is my preferred choice over F/I. I guess owning a TT350Z has taught me a lot of the benefits & downsides of each.

·
4,328 Posts
I don't feel there's much need to rekindle the whole NA vs. FI debate on a thread that is dedicated to NA modifications. Each solution has its merits. And as Robert_K stated, many classes of racing dictate NA only, so any discussion of FI is pointless.

Ronin Z

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
IE: I'm seriously considering a Z34 and plan on making it 90% road racing and 10% weekend cruiser. My first mods I feel will benefit me on the track are; oil cooler, better brake pads and, a wheel/tire combo. After that a Quaife diff.
:dance: In for the part out thread! lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can anyone explain to me what F/1 is? And the difference between N/A and F/1?...Another thing,...can anyone give me a list of parts that aren't necessary on my 06' Z that i can take off for weight? And with past experience and knowledge; any tips or advice? I was going to start off with an HKS Hi-power ti true dual ex. :biggrin:

:poop:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I'm having a **** of a time picking cams. The car is a daily, I want the idle to be relatively smooth. I want as much out of it as possible within reason.

Motor has Injen Cai, Motordyne MREV2, 5/16th spacer, ARTs, XYZ with resonator, headers, Agency Power Ti cat back, UPREV tune.

Build consists of 88mm Brian Crower crank BC Econo rods, JE 96.5mm 11.0.1 pistons +1mm Manley valves.

I have not bought the cams or springs yet I need help deciding on them.

The car is an 06 REVUP.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Can anyone explain to me what F/1 is? And the difference between N/A and F/1?...Another thing,...can anyone give me a list of parts that aren't necessary on my 06' Z that i can take off for weight? And with past experience and knowledge; any tips or advice? I was going to start off with an HKS Hi-power ti true dual ex. :biggrin:

:poop:
F/I is Force Induction. IE; Nitrous, supercharger/blower and/or Turbo(s).

I'm having a **** of a time picking cams. The car is a daily, I want the idle to be relatively smooth. I want as much out of it as possible within reason.

Motor has Injen Cai, Motordyne MREV2, 5/16th spacer, ARTs, XYZ with resonator, headers, Agency Power Ti cat back, UPREV tune.

Build consists of 88mm Brian Crower crank BC Econo rods, JE 96.5mm 11.0.1 pistons +1mm Manley valves.

I have not bought the cams or springs yet I need help deciding on them.

The car is an 06 REVUP.
With 11.0:1 you're going to have a bit higher idle. And from the sounds of it I would go with the JWT C8R cams.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I have no problem with higher idle, I just don't want it to sound/feel like a cammed muscle car.

I am already at almost 1000 due to changes made to get to 271/264 through UPREV on my current mods.

Thanks I will look into the C8R.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I just noticed in your sig how huge your rotors are. Nice.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
They are G37S size (14/13") and the calipers are Akebonos from a G37s.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
toykilla how do I get to these newb helping stages and builds ... tried copy and pasting the links on first comment :l lol ...I'm thinking of setting up the dif and tranny first , then suspension and hub second, then slap a spare motor in that I plan I building during that time I've been upgrading and have a badass daily N/A ??? :eek:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts