Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, lets use this thread to discuss pros/cons of all the engine management systems on the market. I believe I know what I will be going with, however for the sake of documentation and assisting others in the future please help this information expand. Please no shouting "XXXX is the best!"

Moved to wiki

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Part:Engine_Management

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
You forgot the upcomming UTEC!!

Price range-$945-$1049
Pros: absolute timing no more +/- guesswork, Rev limit control,launchh control,no step shifting feature,easilly tunable by the user,no software or special cable needed,FREE updates and maps from Turbo XS,superior product support,wide base of US tuners/dealers,history of being one of the most superior forms of engine management in the WRX world,track proven history...

Cons: cant really think of any right now..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Ok, lets use this thread to discuss pros/cons of all the engine management systems on the market. I believe I know what I will be going with, however for the sake of documentation and assisting others in the future please help this information expand. Please no shouting "XXXX is the best!"

APS Unichip
description
pros
cons

Greddy eManage
description
pros
cons

Greddy eManage
description
pros
cons

HKS FCON
description
pros
cons
others...
Unichip may have some problems controlling the ECU steadily at high HP levels. I don't recommend this EMS, few tuners all over the country.

I'm guessing one of these eManages is the Ultimate.

I wouldn't even consider the eManage nor Unichip if you are considering the other EMSs like TurboXS UTEC, GReddy eManage Ultimate, and HKS FCon VPro.

Those 3 listed have more control over the ECU than the eManage and Unichip.

TurboXS UTEC
Pros: Standalone control over the ignition timing, rev-limit increase, flat shift, launch control, many software updates will be available through the turboxs.com site that will add more features

Cons: Piggyback control over the A/F parameters

GReddy eManage Ultimate
Pros: Individual injector control, A/F target map, vehicle speed adjustment map (for those with larger wheels, tires, etc.), great price for the performance (even though it is outperformed by the UTEC and then the standalones)

Cons: Ignition timing is done through +/- (actually, I can't confirm this right now, give me some time)

HKS FCON VPRO
Pros: Full control over everything

Cons: You lose TCS/VDC and cruise control does not work, only a handful of HKS Pro-Dealers to tune this EMS

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Is there any way we can add price range for all of those? Not sale prices, and not list prices, but the prices they actually go for?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Is there any way we can add price range for all of those? Not sale prices, and not list prices, but the prices they actually go for?
The TurboXS UTEC is only offered for $1049 (they set dealer pricing).

The E.U. is around $500-$600.

The FCON VPRO is around $3000-3,500.

The eManage blue is around $200-350.

The Unichip is around the same price as the eManage blue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you get the knock amp, the main unit, all the sensors, wideband sensor, and harnesses, it can add up pretty quickly...plus tuning and install and you are looking at $3000 or so.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I truely believe within the next year or so you are going to see alot of things jump on the bandwagon. Im willing to bet that AEM will probably come out with a tune for a certain kit using EMS. And plenty of other Engine managements are gonna get big.....im truely waiting to see whats to come. Im not gonna quite jump on the UTEC bandwagon just yet. I will stick with my crappy emanage for the time being.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts