Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I had a chance to get this cheap nismo competition oil cooler from japan... Wanting to share this newly toy (to me, but bought 2nd hand) with you guys.... I think the engine oil will be much cooler than before now since our standard "oil cooler" (actually just an oil filter adaptor) is cooled by our thin radiator (with coolant running through the adaptor)...

It only took us (my mate, Ray at N1 and myself) 3 hours to complete the job compares to 6 hours written on the manual which is a lot shorter... the front bumper needs to be off for this conversion and apparently coolant will need to be replaced (if you follow the japanese instruction, but we didn't do that)... now the car needs just over 5.2 litre of engine oil now and this oil cooler kit will only be opened when the engine is warmed up (apparently there is a temp. device in the adaptor to control it)...

This oil cooler kit comes with 4 air guides to draw air into the cooler (this is the japanese Nismo cooler, I was told that the US spec does not have these 4 walls) and it sits right at the right hand side corner of the front bumper... The oil lcooler hoses are made by Earl's... One corner of the cooler actually touches my nismo front bumper though when I put the bumper back, the fitmeant is quite tight really, but perfect!!!!

Oil pressure does not change after the installation and I have not yet felt any differences... because it shouldn't really make any diff. though... just to have it to protect my high revving engine now... :)

Here are a few photos for you guys... enjoy!

cheers,

richie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murray:

I got it from Japan Yahoo auction site... and it was used for only 5K km... so it is basically brand new... got it for around half of the original selling price.... which is around 1600 aussie dollars...

No... I haven't seen the oil cooler used on that car though... I got this is because that was a really good buy and I couldn't make myself pass that opportunity :)

cheers,

richie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts