Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 350z Fairladyz. I did everything to make it look good but now i want to know if i can do anything inorder to make it fast just not with a turbo yet.. I put in a intake but it only helps it by 6 hp and i m looking for something more then that..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whats up Guys? Well I have a 05 Fairladyz and I need some help on what can i do to gain some HP without adding Turbo. I have a Intake but it only gains 6 hp.. Is there anything i could do to gain more hp??

·
Registered
145 Posts
search the wikis
tons of stuff about making the Z faster/handle better
suspension, plenum spacer, exhaust, headers, etc

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
QUOTE (Apizzy710 @ Jan 6 2009, 05:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564965
Whats up Guys? Well I have a 05 Fairladyz and I need some help on what can i do to gain some HP without adding Turbo. I have a Intake but it only gains 6 hp.. Is there anything i could do to gain more hp??
The basic answer is if you are wanting to add a lot of HP to your car without forced induction it wont happen.

With that being said there are some things that you can do that will give you some mild performance gains.

1. Plenum Spacer - This will let you car pull all the way to the redline where as its power ies off about 5000rpm.
2. Headers
3. High Flow Cats or test pipes
4. Exhuast swap
5. Light weight flywheel
6. 3.9 Rear end Gears - This will be the biggest bang for the buck

I am sure there are more things and I am sure others will chime in, but this is a good starting point. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (SERX93 @ Jan 6 2009, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564975
The basic answer is if you are wanting to add a lot of HP to your car without forced induction it wont happen.

With that being said there are some things that you can do that will give you some mild performance gains.

1. Plenum Spacer - This will let you car pull all the way to the redline where as its power ies off about 5000rpm.
2. Headers
3. High Flow Cats or test pipes
4. Exhuast swap
5. Light weight flywheel
6. 3.9 Rear end Gears - This will be the biggest bang for the buck

I am sure there are more things and I am sure others will chime in, but this is a good starting point. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your help. I been trying to find out from shop but they all say 350z parts dont help as much as it helps other cars.. but thanks for the help and explaining stuff too

·
Registered
4 Posts
I highly recommend the Motordyne XYZ Pipe with Shockwave exhaust. I believe its claimed to be the highest dynoing exhaust, currently. Warning, though.... its LOUD. With testpipes, its seriously race-car loud.

I'm not joking. Its louder than many cars on open-headers. The tone is fantastic, though.

Also, I would go with the 4.08 gear (available from http://www.z1auto.com/), if you're going to stay NA. However, you might avoid it, if you want to go Nitrous.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^well i don't agree with one thing you've just said and i won't get into the in-depth story of why

but for the OP listen to what bill said, he knows and i completely agree with him...and to answer your question about what your shop says with the Z not being bolt-on friendly cause it's not, it only gets small gains unlike other cars

not this is when you need to decide on whether or not you want a 400WHP car or something more along the lines of 280-320WHP

you also need to think about how much money you wanna spend cause N/A can get upwards to $15+K just to reach 300WHP, give or take $5, and have a very aggressive pull from low to WOT unlike turbos, hence you have a higher acceleration than a turbo...BUT...you can go FI for $10K and have a 400WHP car without high maintenance or problems, but you will eventually have to spend a lot more money with maintenance.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
QUOTE (Apizzy710 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=565029
Thank you for your help. I been trying to find out from shop but they all say 350z parts dont help as much as it helps other cars.. but thanks for the help and explaining stuff too
Glad to help. If there is anything else I can help with let me know. Z you later is right about the Z not really being bolt on friendly. There just doesnt seem to be anything magical to give us big HP with this car. Now with that being said you dont have to make huge power to be fast. At Zdayz 3-5 of the fastest cars running the mountain are normally aspirated with bolt-on's.

Also one thing to help your car would be wheels. Look for wheels that are lighter in weight than the stock setup. Most of the time they are more expensive wheels but they are worth it if you have the funds. Look for Nismo, SSR, Rays and Volk. Less rotational weight will help increase performance. Less expensive but still good wheels would be the A-Tech Weapon at 20lbs for a 17x9. Also look for some Enkei wheels like the RPF-01 or the RP-02. The 5Zigen FN-01RC is a favorite of quite a few people, but has gotten more expensive as its popularity has grown. Hope this helps some more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for the help... I m planning on keeping this car for a long time now, even if i buy a new one i will still keep this one. Therefore, I guess I can do everything slowly as i start getting tired or bored with something.. And i m looking for something that pushes around 400 or more. Just because I made it look good all these cars out here wanna race.

Once again thanks to everyone that helped out with your ideas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts