Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
inspire by Randal. The different between mine and the rest is that i paint the housing panel.

Will paint the front panel (where the wiper at) next week.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm certainly liking that a lot better. I saw a DB Z on a magazine that has all those pieces painted including the cowl and it looked great. I will be probably be getting those pieces painted eventually. Good job... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[/quote]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very nice. I'm going to give this a go some time soon

·
Registered
281 Posts
[/quote]

you can...i just did mine as well and have no experience w/paint and i didn't buy a spray gun either. i just went to autozone, picked up adhesive promoter, primer and high heat engine paint in the colors that i wanted and some high heat clear coat and i started painting. i even masked off the lettering and painted it a different color than the rest of the piece. anyone can do it...here are a few pics:

I did the engine cover 1st and so its not as nice as the rest of the pieces...its not as shiney b/c i wetsanded it w/1500 grit sandpaper after clearing it...DO NOT DO THAT...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by abstrakt@Jan 22 2005, 07:35 AM

I did the engine cover 1st and so its not as nice as the rest of the pieces...its not as shiney b/c i wetsanded it w/1500 grit sandpaper after clearing it...DO NOT DO THAT...

If you re-spray the clear over the top of the 1500, it'll come-out shiney again. OR...you could try and buff-out the 1500 with a high-speed buffer and some micro-finish polish. You haven't completely messed-up your engine cover.

·
Registered
281 Posts
[/quote]
i actually just went ahead and resprayed it red and then cleared it again so its fine now...ready to show it off at the meets:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts