Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey so i know there are a few threads already about detailing your engine but they all seem to focus on coating the engine in cleaner and then hosing it down, which i am not a fan of. Im choosing to go the much longer, much more painful route of wiping the entire engine bay down piece by peice. I have removed the strut bar and front engine cover (im not particularly worried about the back one, i only removed the first to be able to get better angles) and started wiping it down.

Im certainly no master mechanic and havent had the oppertunity to work on a lot of cars before so this seems like a pretty bad place to start, but im confident i could handle some simple stuff if theres anything else you guys think i should take off.

im using a generic engine cleaner thats literally just called "engine cleaner" and brushing it down with soft and rough brushes as needed and then wiping it down with damp clothes as i go. Im encountering a lot of oxidation as my cars about 11 years old now and some of it just will not come off (i dont think its really pitted, running my fingers over the marks i cant feel any difference in texture). I was wondering if you guys knew of any products that could help get that stuff off but didnt require hosing the entire engine down. Anything that will help my engine shine at the end would be great. Im also using armorall wipes on the plastics, hoses, and top of the engine cover which seems to be doing a fantastic job so far. any suggestions would help a lot, thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts