Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're now offering many new products, and one of our most popular are the new Weapon*R Engine Dampers. We currently do not have an application for the 350z, so I'm here asking if there are any 350z owners in the San Francisco Bay Area that would like to volunteer a day to allow us to prototype. The willing participant will be entitled to a FREE engine damper when the final product is released. Follow the link below for more info on our new Engine Dampers.

Weapon*R Engine Dampers

Please contact me directly if you are interested in participating.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a G35C , and live in the bay area. If you need a G35 Guinnea pig, I may be game. Currnetly building up a forged long block fro an ATS TT install. so a TQ dampner woudl be a welcome addition.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Originally posted by g3po@Oct 18 2004, 04:26 PM
I have a G35C , and live in the bay area. If you need a G35 Guinnea pig, I may be game.  Currnetly building up a forged long block fro an ATS TT install. so a TQ dampner woudl be a welcome addition.

racetek, you probably already knew this, but 5Zigen is basically your only competition. Their dampening kit is very expensive so I think you can do real well in this segment. If I was in SF, I'd definitely volunteer my car. Good luck!

g3po, your buildup sounds sick!!! Hope you keep us posted because I'd love to see the end result.

·
Registered
351 Posts
heh, I'm almost tempted to drive up there, other than it'll cost me twice in gas what it would to just buy the thing!

What is the tentative price range going to be for these?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Cool! Another toy for the Z, plus another idea for the raffle! Good luck on research and development!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Engine Damper reduces the amount of engine movement. Excessive engine movement robs you of precious horsepower that could be better utilized at the most important place, your tires! The use of an engine damper will allow for faster launches, smoother shiftts, and full on power...no lag in between shifts, little to no wheelspin. Check out the link in my first post for an independent review of our EVO8 damper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for trying to give the Z/G community another product, but anybody that has ever dynoe'd their Z knows that the stock motor mounts are VERY stiff. My motor does not flex when I accelerate or when I shift, an engine dampner on this car would be only for looks or if you just want to waste your money. Anybody that doesnt believe me, watch a Z hit fuel cut off on the dyno, the motor doesnt move. And as far as the little to no wheel spin comment-thats exagerated a little, it can reduce wheel hop-mostly on FWD cars like the RSX and Celicas that have wheel hop real bad, but to say an engine dampner will reduce wheel SPIN thats just dumb...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have to admit I was fooled by the thread title. In most auto forums, when the product "engine damper" is mentioned it refers to the crankshaft vibration dampner, not what is essentially an accessory engine mount. Depending on the engine, a light weight vibration dampner can increase RW horsepower and lower acceleration times....but these can be a risk. On an externally-balanced engine a lightweight dampner can cause engine damage in the long run - the manufacturers put a heavy one on for a reason. Sorry for the semi-thread jack...
:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pro-1 has these already for the 350Z and mild modification for G35c (or other way around). I beileve they are under 100 bucks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would think adding one of these would be essentially the same as adding stiffer bushings, without transmitting as much vibration back to the car.

Whether there is any real world benefit... who knows.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we've had great success in other applications, but i guess the only way we'll know if it works for the 350z is if i can get someone down here to test it. =)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I've been having coilover drama......barely logged on to my computer, least of all here....

I prototyped a set of coilovers for Golden Apple Brands (ADR, Stern wheels, NEX suspension)....had them installed Fri. Got out of the shop late...car was too low, squeaked & rattled like I was pullin a string of cans down the road....bottomed out on the fwy going home...Wifey FREAKED! Well, back to the drawingboard yesterday & got things str8ned out. dropped 3/4" all around...rides nice...& no rattles -one of the isolators wasn't on right.

Now, I'm ready to test something else....& get me a set of them Stern SP2 wheels! (Stern is Golden Apple's 'premium' marque)

http://www.sternwheels.com/

I'll post pix of the coil-o's & G.A.'s warehouse full of wheels soon...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeps, I still need a Z. I tried to call Lionkiller, but no answer, so the spot is still open. Call me if you're interested. I'll be here till about 5:30pm. 1-650-877-8280

EDIT: Okay...LionKiller called me, I have my Z! =) I'll update you guys on the progress....I also have a G35C coming tomorrow as well.

Ray Fong

1 - 20 of 39 Posts