Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I just picked up an 03 enthusiast 350z to build as an endurance race car. We have been campaigning miatas and ecotec swapped miatas for a few years. The 350z seemed like a natural step up.

The car will be completely gutted and caged. I'm hoping to get it to 2600lbs dry after the cage. Drivetrain will remain stock, probably do a stand alone harness and ecu to simplify the wiring.

I need to know the weak points of the car, especially the suspension. Also any tips on suspension setup would be helpful. I'll upgrade where needed but really don't want to drop 5k+ on the suspension. Good coilovers and adjustable control arms was my plan.

Is there anything about the engine I should be worried about? Exhaust and cold air were my only plans. The power to weight should be where I need it so more power is unnecessary. Aluminum radiator and oil cooler are planned also.

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to tear into this project.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome, check out ISC N1 true rear coil overs, very affordable and durable, and will give you the freedom of choosing rear control arms that replace the spring and perch of the rear suspension, I went with the conventional N1 set up and love it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What sanctioning body are you campaigning the 350Z in? Good luck getting the car down to 2600# dry, I've been racing mine in SCCA Touring 1/2/3 for almost a decade and can barely get it under 3K with a cage and safety equipment installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
World Raing League GP1 class is the plan. 10.5 lbs/hp is the target. The car will be completely gutted with minimal sheet metal. Maybe a carbon fiber hatch also.

I also race Spec Miata with Nasa

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Might want to look at carbon doors as well, but it's still difficult to get the car down to 2600#.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The miata doors get really light when gutted. I was hoping the z doors would be the same. What is a realistic weight to expect?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It's been a few weeks, so any updates? Have you got the roll cage installed? Also, how many attachment points does WEC mandate? Did you tie the installation points for the main roll hoop into the frame rails of your Z?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts