Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many know , I opened a lemon law case against Nissan and my Z back in February , but till this day no offers were made from Nissan.
Last night I got a letter from my insurance company , with the next years premium , which now is $6800 :jawdrop: It jumped from $ 2600 ( when I got the Z ) to $4200 and now to almost $7K.. ( no accidents - no points on license )
You would have to be either insane or a very rich mofo to keep paying that money , unfortunately - Im not... :headshake:
I found out that I can still continue with legal actions after I terminate my lease early , so thats what I think I will do. Anyone has some inside info on what I can expect ? Anyone went through with this already ?
I know there's a penalty for ending a lease early , and I heard it can be bad for your credit - although this wasnt confirmed.
I leased for 39 months back in April 03 , with no downpayment and am paying $599/month.. any help would be helpful thanks..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I've looked into it. When I first attempted to end mine early, it was to get another Z from the same dealership. I would've had to go from an Enthusiast with 15k miles a year through NMAC to a Base with 12k miles a year through some bank that Nissan would've set me up with, and in the end I would've been paying $75 more a month.

I don't know if that was just Nissan trying to take advantage of me or if that was just my credit taking a negative hit

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Did they explain why your premiums were jumping so high? ****, that sucks. I would definitely give up a car or the insurance company for the sake of not being raped like that. WTF!?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah thats a crazy jump Art. I have never heard of such an increase for nothing.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea they did give me a logical explanation for the increase when it increased for the first time... will call them and see why the increase again..
funny thing is that my insurance is on the rise ever since I opened that case against nissan , wonder if those 2 things are connected somehow..

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Hmmmm may be a conspiracy. What was the reason for the first time? Your 24 or 25 right? Insurance shouldnt be that high at that age.

·
Registered
55 Posts
when i was trying to get out of a lease on a previous car, i think i found that the best alternative was to pay off the lease by buying the car and selling the car right after that. still, it figured out being pretty high. if you leased it in april 03, you may be able to break even.

try calling the loaning company and find out what the pay off would be.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im 24 Dave... but no points for awhile , and no speeding tickets..

how do I go about finding out the fee of an early lease termination ?
Do I go to the dealership , or do I call NNA ?
How can you pay off the car if its a lease ? :dunno:

also I bet it will help if I get another car from them right on the spot...
maybe I'll go with an used maxima... like a 95 or something :cry:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Pull out your lease agreement. It has all the info you need as far as amounts and penalties.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Nov 14 2004, 02:31 PM
how do I go about finding out the fee of an early lease termination ?

How can you pay off the car if its a lease ? :dunno:

also I bet it will help if I get another car from them right on the spot...

Like Smooth said, to find the penalty, check your lease.

As far as paying it off goes, you pay off a lease by paying the remaining amount to the leasing company/bank. So if you have 15 months left at $600/month, you'd have to pay $9000 (and any fees the dealership hits you with for any damages and overage miles).

And in terms if giving you a break if you get another car, I have heard of that happening, but again, when I tried to trade in my Z for another one, they did nothing to help me out

·
Registered
164 Posts
wow almost 7k for insurance you are getting ripped there, im 25 no points and im only paying 1400, full coverage and 300 deductable, you need to find a new insurnce company

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
LB, I live in the state with the highest rates in the country, and I'm paying like a third of that for the two cars

1 - 18 of 18 Posts