Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen some type of enclosure for an aftermarket sub that will fit in the factory sub location? I am thinking about putting a 10" Elemental Designs sub in this spot, so I won't need a whole lot of space for it, but I don't want to just line the area with DM to seal it.

:helpsmilie:

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
If you get a subwoofer that is infinite baffle capable, you won't need to worry about an enclosure. A fine example is an Image Dynamics IDQ (I have their ID 10 OEM which is a blend of parts from and ID10 and an Elemental Designs 11Ov.2 and it sounds awesome).

Otherwise, here are a couple of examples. Most are custom, but you can buy one from wickedcas but it is way too pricey imo: http://wickedcas.com/store/product_info.ph...06550d482d490ce

You could even do something like the last picture, to get better sound quality than behind the seat, without loosing any trunk space (although you would have to ditch the spare tire)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
If you get a subwoofer that is infinite baffle capable, you won't need to worry about an enclosure. A fine example is an Image Dynamics IDQ (I have their ID 10 OEM which is a blend of parts from and ID10 and an Elemental Designs 11Ov.2 and it sounds awesome).

Otherwise, here are a couple of examples. Most are custom, but you can buy one from wickedcas but it is way too pricey imo: http://wickedcas.com/store/product_info.ph...06550d482d490ce

You could even do something like the last picture, to get better sound quality than behind the seat, without loosing any trunk space (although you would have to ditch the spare tire)
I just met the owner of Wicked C.A.S. yesterday. He seems like a pretty good guy, and from looking at the quality of his other work, I bet this would be a very good box. For the person who doesn't have any wrenching skills, this would be good, but for anyone who could probably do it themselves, ya it is going to be a bit pricy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did the whole dynomat process with a jl10w6v2 sub, it sounds awsome, no rattle and looks good plus its def stealth check out some pics
I know that the JL10W6 bolt pattern aligns with the factory bracket. Is this true for all JL subs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have the enthusiast model without the factory bose system, can i buy the mounting bracket and subwoofer cover off of nissan and install in my car or to i need to buy the whole replacement rear deck as nissan is telling me?

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
i have the enthusiast model without the factory bose system, can i buy the mounting bracket and subwoofer cover off of nissan and install in my car or to i need to buy the whole replacement rear deck as nissan is telling me?
I believe you already the enthisiasts already have the mounting hardware for the subwoofer. If so, you can just buy the subwoofer cover. If not, you can get both for ~$60 from courtesy parts
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=28163-Z3303
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=28178-Z33SW

N

·
0 Posts
Has anyone seen some type of enclosure for an aftermarket sub that will fit in the factory sub location? I am thinking about putting a 10" Elemental Designs sub in this spot, so I won't need a whole lot of space for it, but I don't want to just line the area with DM to seal it.

:helpsmilie:
Before i switched over to the stealth box I had a sub put in the factory place and it really sounded terrible...........to keep from wasting alot of time and effort I would just go ahead and put a box in the back.........there are alot of them out there and im sure DK can steer you in the right direction on how to get a good Audio Setup in your Z.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Before i switched over to the stealth box I had a sub put in the factory place and it really sounded terrible...........to keep from wasting alot of time and effort I would just go ahead and put a box in the back.........there are alot of them out there and im sure DK can steer you in the right direction on how to get a good Audio Setup in your Z.
so i guess under the strut would be the best place. i just hate the limited amount of cargo space the z already has and was trying to keep as much of that as possible. but i guess if you want performance you have to sacrifice something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts