Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my 2004 z and only had it for 5 monthes. I just picked up a 2005 today and want to switch out the emblems on the front bumper and back. Please help me out on the best way to get these bad NISSAN emblems off. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by Bubble@Nov 9 2004, 03:32 AM
are you going to sell some part on your old 04?

use dental floss or fishing line to get them off.

Dental floss works great. Also helps if you heat it up some with either a heat gun or even a hair dryer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Be careful. The wonderful Missan paint on the bumper covers do not take well to extreme heat. I would stay away from the heat gun and only use the hair dryer.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Fishing line/dental floss and some goo gone is all you need. Hope you like the 2005 as much as the 2004.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea I traded in my wrecked car, It was a super black 2004 enthus. and i was never completely happy with it. So I got a bunch of estimates on what the repairs were going to be and then I went down to my dealership and bargined with them. I was able to put some money down (less than the amount to get it fixed) and buy a 2005 silverstone enthus. and only had my monthly payments increase by $30. I am completely satisfied and on top of that they are going to take off all my mods and give them back to me.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
****!! What the **** dealership did you go to?? My dealership wanted my to pay $75 more and go down a trim on a trade in. I'm with NMAC right now and I would've lost that too

·
Registered
139 Posts
so are ALL of the badges only held on with sticky tape, not the little pegs that go through the body? i want to take all the emblems off my hatch and don't want to get halfway into the nissan symbol and realize its like screwed in or something

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
No, removing a Nissan logo will leave you with two holes in the bumper as well as an indentation in the shape of the logo

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You really shouldn't need it. I did mine last winter, in 30 degree weather, without a blowdryer. Just worked the fishing line back there and then used the goo gone to get rid of the excess glue on the hatch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Carefully soaked it with GooGone first, but I'll ask him again when I see him about my spoiler for a coupe I'm trying to get to fit on my roadster. People on here said they used dental floss also, I think fishing twine might help too. My emblems are not ruined. The front and back are different sizes also, but the set I bought were both the same size as the front emblem. Know where to find the gas door cover...she ducks as she awaits another bashing like she got for asking about clear tail lights!.... :oops:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts