Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find more information on both of these systems. I have heard more about the UTEC, and I'm very impressed with the gains that people have seen from it, but I'm curious about how it compares to the Ultimate. The EU (Emanage Ultimate) looks like it's much cheaper, which is making me look more closely at it.

Which of these should be easier to tune? Should they take the same amount of time to tune? Will they both be able to handle everything if I wanted to go FI to 400-450hp? Which would be better for NA?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
both good systems.. UP to the tuner to make them shine. Will work for either NA or FI. :)

Sharif has made power on EU.
Julian has made power on UTEC.

Both have been proven. UTEC imo seems better, but I Have NO personal knowledge on EU.

Compare resolution and features and aux and software.

And best of all.. find someone to tune. See what they want to tune., etc..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like that the UTEC has 5 programable maps, updates are free, and I can use other people's maps.

Does the EU have any of these features?
Yes it does.

I am not a board sponsor, so I have to be careful with what I say. But we sell and tune both systems. We have MUCH less experience with the UTEC, and this is totally normal. Nobody can call themselves an expert with the UTEC, until they have personally tuned a half dozen cars at least. But becuase we tune, sell, and support both systems, and have a lot of experience tuning the EU, I can give you a perspective on both, without playing favorites. :)

The UTEC is essentially a full stand alone, when the UTEC takes over. The UTEC controls fuel and timing absolutely. So as a pure tuning platform it is superior. The EU controls fuel by adding directly to the ECU IPW signals, and controls timing by changing the ignition signals. It doesnt "trick" the ECU by adjusting the MAF signals, as many people incorrectly claim. MAF correction can be used for injector scaling, but its a global correction, and it works well....same fashion as the UTEC with NA tuning. TurboXS and others are working on base maps for FI applications, that will save significant tuning time. Tuning an FI car from scratch with the UTEC can take days, without an FI base map to start with.

The EU has a more user friend windows based graphical interface, which will make tuning much easier for the novice. The UTEC is more a professional tuning product (when used with FI applications), and its interface is a little bit trickier. Again, in terms of engine control, the UTEC rocks.

The EU is easily tunable, but in the end, the stock ECU could still make some changes that can throw off your tune. In practice, we dont see this very often, and we also datalog ever single input and output, and can monitor all of these parameters in real time. I've gotten 622whp tuning with the EU, and no issues so far. The UTEC will certainly deliver the same results, with a higher level of consistency, and no chance of the ECU mucking up the tune.

The UTEC with tuner will be a few hundred more than the EU with harnesses, sensor, and wiring labor....so really the customer needs to decide this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts