Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for "expert" input on setting up Z with same width tires front and rear.

What is the "take" on putting 40 series on the front and 45 series on rear, which would result in preserving the OEM tire size differences, but give identical tire width front and rear and more neutral handling?

As an example- 245/45/18 rear and 245/40/18 front -Resulting in a 1.01% change in front tire size dia, which should not effect VDS operation.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Check this forum for other threads dealing with the same topic.

BBS makes the wheels, same size on all four corners.

·
Registered
85 Posts
"Same size" is not the issue - the correct offsets will be. Sport Compact Car could not get the correct BBS wheels for both front and rear on their project car without using different widths and adding spacers....a hassle. Unless you want your front tires sticking well out of the wheelwells....

http://sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0404scc_350z/

·
Registered
171 Posts
I believe that he is talking about using 245 front and rear on the stock 18's. And no to my knowledge it should not cause a problem.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I believe that he is talking about using 245 front and rear on the stock 18's. And no to my knowledge it should not cause a problem.
BBS makes those wheels now...I was lookin at 'em. A 245 should fit on an 8" wheel, maybe even a 7 1/2"er, but then you're back to the offset question again. :banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts