Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever I start the engine I hear a high-pitched noise that sounds like some sort of electrical interference somewhat like a noisy old home computer. The noise does not stop until I turn off the car. Does anyone have this issue. Would a grounding kit help? Thanks for your input.

2004 Enth. 6sp

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
you know itas funny you say this, i have had this happen to me a few times to, and i coulnd't figure it out either

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Can you locate the source of the noise? I don't have that sound coming from the speakers, but I have a different sound from the engine bay when warming her up. It only happens in extremely cold weather, and I figure it's just moving parts. It goes away after 15 seconds or so.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The noise does not come from the speakers. It is hard to pinpoint but it sounds like it is coming from somewhere towards the rear of the hatch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fuel pump?, Leaky Vacuum line?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have heard this noise for a while now too, but only if my stock sub location hatch is opened.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe it is the fuel pump, I believe it generates a frequency only audible to certain person(s). i.e. people who can hear in that spectrum, It's a common thing. My fathers computer monitor used to annoy the sh*t of me growing up, only I was the only one that could hear it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts