Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my eibach's and they should be here in a few days but I was wondering about the installation before they come.

1. How difficult is this going to be?
2. What kind of tools/equipment am I going to need? and
3. Does anyone have any kind of write up for it?

I talked to toykilla about it in the chat yesterday, and he said I could probably follow the S-Tune suspension how-to for the installation. For those of you who have done it, if you wouldn't mind checking out that how-to and adding anything extra on here I'd appreciate it!

Peace out

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Here you go.. i made some changes on the s-tune install..
REVISED FOR EIBACHS!!!!

THINGS YOU WILL NEED

Floor Jack
Jack Stands
Needle nose pliers
Torque wrench
An impact if you’ve got it
10 MM Wrench
Other assorted wrench and socket sizes
Large screw driver (to use as a crowbar)
WD-40

FRONT:

1. Remove front strut bar. There are four bolts on each side, and guided on by a bolt that comes up through the engine bay.

2. Jack up car in front and place jack stands underneath for support.

3. Remove first front tire (and it’s a good time to clean those calipers and inside of your wheel as well).

4. Unbolt the front sway bar end link.

5. Remove the cotter pin from the upper A arm (it’s a small piece of metal that’s strung through like a piece of thread—be careful, it will break easily).

6. Unbolt the upper A arm.

7. Remove the three bolts to the shock/spring where the strut bar was bolted down.

8. Remove bolt from the bottom of the front suspension shock (watch out, it’s torqued down TIGHT, so use some WD40 to help loosen it up).

9. Remove the two rubber lines from the shock and move out of the way. Also remove the bolt from step 8 at this time.

10. Remove spring from shock assembly. I did this by placing the whole assembly in the grass and stepping on the spring (to prevent it from shooting off) You will have to hold the shaft to prevent it from spinning (I used grip locks with a rag wrapped around the shock shaft to prevent scratches) Loosen bolt on spring end of shaft.

11. Install new spring (note orientation) in reverse order. Torque the shock shaft bolt down.

12. Replace with the new set up in the reverse order. Pull the brake set up down as you work the new set up into place, and also be sure that the rubber lines are in the correct place or else they will not pop back in to the new set up.

13. Repeat the process for the other front side.

14. Replace front strut bar once both new spring/shocks are on, the car has been lowered back down, and it's even.

REAR:

1. Jack up car and remove rear wheel.

2. Use your Z’s jack to place under the rear spring seat, and jack it up to put slight tension on the seat.

3. Remove the bolt to spring seat to lower the rear control arm.

4. Slowly lower the jack. This is where the big screw driver comes into play. You may need it to pry the bushing from the lower control arm.

5. Remove the old spring and install the new one, using the Z jack to lift the spring seat back up and replace the bolt.

6. Put everything back on, replace the wheel, lower the car, . After that, take her for a test drive and she how well she corners!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! TK you're the best man. I'll see if I can take some pictures when I do mine (hopefully this weekend if they arrive on time) and you can put it in as a full write up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It took me roughly 2.5 hours to do both the fronts and the back. Fronts took me about 2 hours and rear took me literally 5 minutes on each side.

Its fairly easy...are you only replacing the springs or shocks as well ?

If your only replacing the Springs.. you need to get Spring compressor. Yoiu could rent one from a local parts store for 6 bucks or so.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anytime you lower your car, yoiu should get it aligned. I got mine done after about 1000 miles. I wanted to settle in before I did. I was able to get the rear specs to factory standard but the fronts I need a camber arm to fix it.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shite... hope I don't need a camber arm. Would have gotten this taken care of last weekend except it wasn't in the cards. This weekend's supposed to be beautiful, but my parents are going to be around so who knows if I'll have time.

I'm only replacing the springs, and my buddy has a spring compressor (fellow enthusiast - 300zx) and all the other tools I'll need, plus a little know how since he's replaced his before. Should be a good time.

I'm also going to remove the paint on my side emblems and tint my side mirrors (blue 35%).

By the way, since I paid 15 bucks for about 6 feet worth of tint, and I'm only going to use about 20 square inches of it, anybody else want some?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey I'm gonna get started on this... is there anything I need to know about putting the strut bar on correctly? Adjustment or whatever?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info TK. Had a bitch of a time trying this last night and never actually finished it. Started on the font and everything was going fine until I had to remove the front sway bar end link... **** bolt was torqued down tight as **** and we ended up pretty much stripping the nut trying to get it off. Ran out of daylight and had to put everything back together. I'll give it a shot over the weekend when I have more time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts