Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, I always hear people saying that w/the ECU reflash their gaining so much untapped hp and tq from their mods. However, the cost and downtime are inconvenient...but wouldn' the A'PEXi SAFC-II and the Greddy Emanage do the same thing? If anyone has one installed please share your experiences...Also I'd like to hear both sides...Just want to be educated before I spend my money...Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here, so anyone who knows better should feel free to correct me.

From what I've read, heard, or experienced, it would probably be better for you to get the SAFC. If you're going to stay NA, and this is from the mods you listed in your sig, I would suggest the AFC. When I dynoed the Z, they told me the car was running rich and that my car would greatly benefit from an AFC.

I've heard good and bad things about a reflash, but mostly it's been bad. People are either disgruntled with the outcome because they were disappointed or something went wrong. And it's a lot of money to invest in something that relies on your list of mods and a lot of sending the ECU back and forth.

I think getting the SAFC would allow you to really see how your car is performing and functioning. I think the reflash does very little except bump up your rev limiter and maybe take out the top speed governer.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not that SmoothZ is not a good person and well read, but I disagree.

For a 2003 Z with some major NA mods (intake, plenum, headers, exhaust, etc), I would say that the ECU flash is effective. Many have stated that they get more power than claimed by TechnoSquare. This is because these NA mods TEND to make you run lean, but not always. Those running lean will obviously see a bigger boost. Also, the increased rev limiter plays really well with a plenum. I plan to go the ECU route very soon.

As for the SAFC/eManage, those certainly have their places too. However, keep in mind that the SAFC can only do A/F corrections and the eManage can only do A/F and timing corrections. Furthermore, to make effective use of either of these products, you must dyno tune them in. That being said, they certainly have their place. I plan to install the eManage after my ECU flash in order to fine tune TechnoSquare's work. TS certainly cannot be expected to product the best flash for my car. So, I will fine tune it myself.

As for 2004 cars (which I see that you own), I cannot comment with much authority at all. I have heard of problems. However, I have not been reading enough since the new flash came out. So, I cannot comment much.

If you want a qucik bang, I would get a SAFC or eManage. Then, once the 2004 flash is more clearly proven or disproven, consider buying it then. Give it some time in other words and just live with a corrected A/F now. If you want a corrected timing curve now, get the eManage over the SAFC.

Home this helps.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by peptidbond@Feb 25 2005, 08:22 AM
Not that SmoothZ is not a good person and well read, but I disagree.

:lmfao: :furious: Oh, yeah? I'm as evil as they come. :cheers: :rolf2: :xZ!o:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The only thing you can't do with the E-Manage that you can do with the reflash is change the TB to open 100% at WOT, raise rev limiter, and raise MPH limiter. Which, all you would need to get is the L-Spec reflash which costs less than the Full-Spec and just tune it yourself. :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
Is that something Technosquare offers?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
Is that something Technosquare offers?
<div align="right">[snapback]77240[/snapback]
[/quote]