Here is a post originally made by Tere on ZCHickz.....might help....
For anyone who is interested, here is the "Atari" method of resetting your ECU -- it also clears the codes if you have a Check Engine Light (CEL) you want to turn off.
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (a and b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.