Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would like to know more about earth ground kits or were thinking of getting one for your 350Z you might want to stop by my web site. I have the 5 wire Red kits on special for $45. The Blue and Silver kits are $48. just go to www.maxground.com and click on the earth ground kits link.

All prices are shipped USPS priority mail (continental USA) and include the complete wire set, gold plated terminals, tie wraps, bolts, washers, nut and 5 page photo instructions.

You can verify the quality of my work by checking my feedback (100% positive - 190 in the last 6 months) on Ebay. Just search for 350Z Ground Kit on Ebay. My Ebay name is z327 also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finished installing my Silver Kit on my Silverstone last Saturday.

The instructions were very good. Pictures helped a lot. The hardware came in very handy saving time and hassle trying to find the sizes that you need to make the kit work.

All in all, I give the kit a 9 out of 10. I'm thinking I might buy a couple of washers to make it look perfect and readjust one or two of the cables.

I took my time and it took like a hour to install. I could have done it in 30min but wanted to adjust the cables just right, and I took the time to custom route the - side battery cable through that grommet.

The gage and connectors are of a very high quality and I believe the hardware is stainless steel. That's a plus.

It was nice to get the kit so fast the install went very well. It would not have been worth my trouble to build the kit from scratch. It may have been cheaper to build it myself but it wouldn't have looked as good, I would have had to buy a good crimper to get your results and it would have taken a lot of time to round up all the pieces etc...

Thank you very much for providing this service to us!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad you like my work. The hardware is stainless. If you have any suggestions I will be glad to try and improve on the kit.

The only change I have made since I started producing the kits was to add the first instruction to "not drop anything". I won't mention which infamous long time Z owner from a southern Texas city caused me to add that instruction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, your kit is very complete. I was just thinking that a couple more of those fender washers would be nice. However, the split washers you supplied worked well on getting a bite on the lug. You probably designed it that way and I am curious if I would still get as good of grounding if I used the flat fender washers.
So, I was going to try that and then ask you if you thought it was a good idea.
Your support is fantastic and the kit is complete. However, I was thinking it might look a tad sharper with the flat fenders on top of the lug then the split washer and lastly the nut on top.

The question is do you think I would still get good grounding. I think so but I wanted to try it and see.

Thanx Again !!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should still get good grounding with the fender washers, but I thought they covered too much of the gold terminals since the washers are so large and I wanted them to show in the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i got the silver kit and was really impressed on how easy the instructions were done and the ease of install, plus it looks great. i would recommend these to anyone

·
Registered
346 Posts
may i ask a dumb question:

I saw quite a few different ground kits from ebay and the price varies. Aren't they all do the same job? why this one more expensive? because of picture tutorial provided or because of the material?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Well I guess sometimes the prices differences could just be people trying to rip someone off, but material does have a lot to do with it. jinxxy's first set had some discoloration issues.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What is the difference between the earth ground kit and the Max ground kit? Is there a noticeable difference between the two for a daily driver?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is correct. The Z-Enterprises ground kits use the same high quality OFC 4 gauge wire and gold plated copper connectors so performance is the same.

The Mylar sleeving on the Max Ground kits provides longer lasting good looks. I had mine on for a year by the time of this years National Convention and won first place in my class at the car show.

www.maxground.com

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bought my kit yesterday - can not wait to put it on! Looks very very very nice and I have ONLY heard POSITIVE remarks about the kit and THE COMPANY who makes them!

Thanks

Zachary

·
Registered
346 Posts
man, i must the the unlucky one. Order back in Dec 9 and still haven't get it yet. :( Email last week but didn't get any back yet.) :banghead:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Bubble@Dec 20 2004, 05:27 PM
man, i must the the unlucky one. Order back in Dec 9 and still haven't get it yet. :( Email last week but didn't get any back yet.) :banghead:

Sorry, but I have no record of your email. I shipped USPS priority mail on 12/9 along with two other ground kits. The USPS site shows the other two delivered. Don't know what is taking so long with yours. I'll call the post office tomorrow and see if they can shed any light on the problem.

I have received 309 positive feedbacks on Ebay and no negative ones, so that should tell you something about my shipping and products. Every once and a while the post office has trouble. I once had a package come back twice saying it was not a valid address. I had to go to the post office and get them to look it up manually in a big book to prove it was a valid address before I could get it delivered.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of your missing package tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Just wondering what's the difference between the 5-wire, 6-wire, and 7-wire kits? Is one made for an auto, one for a manual, etc.?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.