Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to get it dynoed now that I have HFC, Exhaust and CAI. The guy couldn't get an accurate RPM/torque reading and blamed my spark plugs.. the rpm's read fine until about 5500 RPM and then started jumping and went back on track, happened through out 4 dyno pulls on a dynojet. He said his wires were new so that couldn't be it. I also recall that people have had difficulty reading my RPMs accurately when dynoing ever since I bought the car from the factory. He told me to gap the stock spark plugs to .26 I believe. I read somewhere in the forum that you should never gap OEM spark plugs? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i wouldn't gap your stock spark plugs...i'm not too familiar with this problem so i'm sure someone else with more knowledge will chime in on this. my best bet would to just switch out your spark plugs, which worst case it still jumps but you have new spark plugs, or it could be your wires going out...if you don't get any answers on here you can just call your local dealership and ask what they recommend or think it is.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Eventually, I think you're going to end up posting your dyno charts in this thread, so I'll move it to the appropriate section.

Have you checked out the wiki section on spark plugs? Might want to do some research in there and see if you can find anything on the subject. Or someone with experience can chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts