Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, if you recall I had a dyno session a while back and was disappointed in the numbers realized, but I saw a lot of room for improvement. Leaning out the AF ratio and the motordyne spacer did wonders! I had TS tune the car some more and the results were staggering! :eek:

All dynos were performed at the same dyno facility and is a dynapack system. I know that some will argue that a dynojet is better than a dynapack, but the main reason that I am posting this is to show gains as no one can really argue this. I personally prefer dynapack for more accurate hp readings for gains and tuning.

Here are the results

296.1 HP & 272 TQ Dyno Graph

AF Ratio (AF readings on the graph are 1.0 higher than actual readings)

Dyno Mean Numbers

-ARC Intake
-350evo throttle body
-Crawford Headers
-Helix Test Pipes
-JIC Y-Pipe
-JIC Single Exit exhuast
-Motordyne Plenum Spacer 5/16"
-One Step Colder Plugs
-Sun Cyberspeed Ground System
-UR Pullies
-One Exhaust Leak

The old dyno graphs:

Old Dyno Graph

Old AF ratio

Old Mods:

-ARC Intake
-350evo throttle body
-Crawford Headers
-Helix Test Pipes
-JIC Y-Pipe
-JIC Single Exit exhuast
-One Step Colder Plugs
-Sun Cyberspeed Ground System
-UR Pullies
-2 Exhaust Leaks

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're close to breaking 300! Nice gains! :bow:

Has anyone broken 300 N/A yet? :dunno:
On my next dyno, I should be over 300 hp. I have a few mods up my sleeve that should 99.9% push me over the hump :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Throw in some cams and get 'em tuned and WOW!!!! That's incredible dude. Hey you're my role model. When I am done with this Operation Iraqi Freedom I'm taking the route you have gone (Engine wise).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone broken 300 N/A yet?
On what dyno? Different dynos will give different horsepower values on the same car. 300 hp on a Mustang Dyno is a lot more than 300 hp on a DynoJet for example. I'm not certain where the DynoPack numbers fit with the other two.....

·
Registered
788 Posts
On what dyno? Different dynos will give different horsepower values on the same car. 300 hp on a Mustang Dyno is a lot more than 300 hp on a DynoJet for example. I'm not certain where the DynoPack numbers fit with the other two.....
While I'm not disputing your post, in this case, it really doesn't matter. What he's showing is the difference between the two. Since both appear to have been done on the same type of dyno, I think this is significant. It shows a percent change, which would be roughly the same whether or not he performed them on a Mustang or DynoPack -- assuming both runs were done on the same type of dyno.

Sweet post, Rick!! :clap: :yourock: Just shows how important tuning really is. More motivation to me to get some engine management to tie the mods into each other. :cheers:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ok, my bad. As usual, I read a post too quickly and misinterpreted it. :doh: Disregard my last post.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I'm not disputing your post, in this case, it really doesn't matter. What he's showing is the difference between the two. Since both appear to have been done on the same type of dyno, I think this is significant. It shows a percent change, which would be roughly the same whether or not he performed them on a Mustang or DynoPack -- assuming both runs were done on the same type of dyno.

Sweet post, Rick!! :clap: :yourock: Just shows how important tuning really is. More motivation to me to get some engine management to tie the mods into each other. :cheers:
Read Shawn Church's, post in this thread

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166361

1 - 13 of 13 Posts