Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some people have read, I was not satisfied at all with my Vortech install. I just did not feel the power Vortech claimed it would have. The first dyno I did stock with a cold air intake was 233 rwhp and 220 ft-lbs torque. I was fine with that. Then I spent 4 days installing alpha werks headers and my vortech SC. I did all the work myself. At the time I remember wishing I hadn't, but now that it is done, I am glad I did. Learned a lot about the car. So now that I have all this new shiny stuff on my car, I need another dyno. Vortech claimes the SC will add 125hp to your car. So I am expecting to see about 350rwhp. I put it on the dyno and not even close. 292 rwhp and 287 ft-lbs torque. I was heartbroken. All that time and money for 60 rwhp! I immediately called Vortech the next day to find out the problem. It appeared to them that everything was right with the setup and that the program was the correct "stock" program sent with the kit. The did recommend that I check the serpentine belt. They said if it was too loose it might be slipping and not making full boost. I tightened it the next day. This seemed to do a little better.

Finally yesterday I was able to go back to the dyno and see if the belt tightening had helped. And it had. My first run was 316 rwhp and 278 ft-lbs torque. This was better, but still about 34 rwhp less than what Vortech said it would do. I had purchased the R4 program from split second so I decided to do a little tuning on the car while I was there. I was able to make some great gains and flatten out the air/fuel ratio to almost perfect. Here it is! Finally have what Vortech promised!!

[attachmentid=9134]

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thats about average for the kit. Nice torque! Does it feel good? Thats all that matters. better than the 230 for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts