Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, been thinking for a while now about running a dyno day at APS for the Z car owners, who's interested?

Would be very interesting to see a good number of Z cars with different mods run on the same dyno by the same dyno operator, this would provide a genuine comparative data base for future reference. I Would need around 12 cars minimum to make it worthwhile (cover costs), cost $50 which includes a power graph of your car and 3 power runs, maybe a BBQ lunch and drinks, depending on time of day.

Let me know what you think and also what day (Sat or Sun) would best suit the majority of guys. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am interested. Early or late Feb is good for me. Not middle. For me either Sun or Sat is fine. Cheers! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Peter,

A dyno day for Zeds sounds like a great idea. Count me in please. Feb is fine, but preferably Sunday or late Saturday afternoon as I have to work in Sat am.

Matt

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I will be interested in that when my car is back... but Feb, March and April = biz trip for me :(

I shall see when are you holding that and see if I can attend..

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
288 Posts
Happy to attend, but it would have to be after the 20th Feb as I'll be attending the NDSOC Targa Tassie.

Cheers

·
Registered
342 Posts
Count me in! Sunday is the only day of the week good for me. However Feb 18 & 19 are out of bound i will be overseas for 5 days. Other than that i think its a great idea.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I would like to see at least 12 cars to make this worthwhile so please post if you're interested in attending the dyno day.

Peter

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd be keen!

Mine's only a stocker, but it would be good to see a comparison between all the cars and the various mods they all have.

Any weekend in Feb except 11th and 12th would suit.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If you can wait until closer to F1 time, I'll be in.

I'll be back down to Melbourne to see the Formula 1, and I'll be staying for the weekend afterwards.

I'll post a new thread soonish, so we can have another meet and get another turnout.

·
Registered
125 Posts
im in too....available to attend weekends only. my car has not been dynod since i had my aps exhaust installed nearly a year ago. would like to see what the difference in gains would be on the graph :)

cheers
owen

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm interested at this stage - I've got no engine mods but I'm going to put some decals on my car to see if that gives me some extra horsies.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So how many guys are really up for a dyno day at APS? Cost would be $50 per car and I would like to see at minimum 12 cars to make it worthwhile. It would be very interesting to see the power that different Z cars produce with different mods on the same dyno/same environmental operating conditions. :cheers:

Peter

1 - 20 of 24 Posts