Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
[attachment=21889:350z.jpg]Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I own a 07 350z the only mod I have is the aps exhaust and the standard car mad 185rwkw and with the exhaust it topped out at 196.8rwkw the tuner reckons it was running disgustingly rich and with a unichip and tune should crack the 200.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Love it!!

Looks like at least a 75% gain in power and torque - awesome. I hope you've got some good rubber, especially now that its winter and easy enough for my pidly NA Z to spin the tyres up on light throttle application, let alone trying to control that power.

Is it an APS TT?

·
Registered
13 Posts
new at this.
my 2004 350 z is currently putting out
2500rpm-120 hp at wheels
3500rpm-175 hp at wheels
4500rpm-280 hp at wheels
5000rpm-300hp at wheels
5500rpm-340hp at wheels
6000rpm-368 hp at whhels
i have vortec supercharger fitted
if anybody has fitted kit can they tellme what i could increase pwer to without major rebuild
especially increase in power down low.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
new at this.
my 2004 350 z is currently putting out
2500rpm-120 hp at wheels
3500rpm-175 hp at wheels
4500rpm-280 hp at wheels
5000rpm-300hp at wheels
5500rpm-340hp at wheels
6000rpm-368 hp at whhels
i have vortec supercharger fitted
if anybody has fitted kit can they tellme what i could increase pwer to without major rebuild
especially increase in power down low.
Don't do any more without forged internals. Rods and pistons and close the deck first, then push it a little more. The rods will let you down first!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
[attachment=23286:DYNO_01.bmp]Well, finally we are getting close. The wastegates are the achilles heel at the moment. I believe we will be fitting external wastegates and rerouting the blowoff back into the system. That will be done later as we take a breather for a while. Kel suggests I do some driving and as we are about to have some fun setting the chassis and getting some advice on suspension tuning from a professional driver. I might even stop the mods and the journey as we are well within comfortable margins at the moment and that just makes a good car out of it. I SHOULD be able to treat it with some agression and it SHOULD be able to handle it with ease.
ps i am clueless about uploading a pic instead of an attachment (link?). anyhow thats what its reading at the moment.

·
Registered
772 Posts
[attachment=24170:DSC01276.JPG]

stock so far. (well cutting out the center muffler really doesnt qualify as modified....)

was first run and at least know i know my starting point for future mods.

Shane

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our V35 Skyline made 206rwkw with TOMEI headers/front pipes, HKS Cat-back, Intake and APEXI NEO

[attachment=24588:V35.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I just realised I haven't posted up my dyno graph:

Car: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
Dyno: CRD
Mileage: 1xx,xxx km (can't remember)

Powertrain Mods:

Hitech Catback
Crawford HFCs
Topspeed Extractors
JWT Popcharger Intake
nizmo pete's plenum spacer
Motordyne MREV2
OEM ECU reflash to increase redline to 7200RPM
Tuned Unichip

Drivetrain Mods:

JUN 14lb flywheel
17" TE37s (unknown alignment settings)

N.B. CRD's dyno tends to read higher than some. I know that my car pulls around 15-20rwkW less on APS' and Autotech's dyno.

My car with just a catback pulled 167rwkW on the same dyno with the same operator, as a comparison.

The car will be reading a lot lower now. My exhaust is broken and the last time I dyno'ed it the power was falling off from 6800RPM instead of revving all the way to 7K. The engine's also got a lot more mileage on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
2004 6MT Track, 55,000kms.

Temperature on the day, 27 degrees C.

193.2 rwkw

- Greddy Emanage Ultimate
- 1/2" Motordyne Plenum Spacer
- Mishimoto CF intake
- Xforce hiflow Cats
- Xforce exhaust system
- 19" Axis Hiros

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
[attachment=26206:Z_dyno_chart.JPG]

Hey Ian, Alan thanks for getting me rolling. Here is my chart done 20/1/09. Prior I had a Hitech Catback and K & N fitted so no base reading. SAS have worked out the software code for the ECU and are able to do some fine tuning. They managed to eliminate an awful pinging at 2500 revs. Which Nissan to this day still have done zip. The car feels more punchy through to 6500/7000.
Hoops are next

·
Registered
987 Posts
No worries Perry!!! Good to see you online!!

Thats an awesome reading for just exhaust and drop in filter!!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts