Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here uses the digital speedometer? I love it so I don't have to watch my speed it's become a reflex to just glance up to see how fast I'm going. And I love when I glance up to see 37 degrees instead of the mph. Is there an easy fix for this that I haven't found?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Who here uses the digital speedometer? I love it so I don't have to watch my speed it's become a reflex to just glance up to see how fast I'm going. And I love when I glance up to see 37 degrees instead of the mph. Is there an easy fix for this that I haven't found?

No stupid questions, only stupid people!! :)

I use that digi almost all the time. I can't recall the last time I looked down at the needle driven speedo. haha..

Best thing to do I guess is just make sure it's set to MPH right after start up. But I know what you mean, sometimes it will just change.

What I end up doing now, is using the Blitz R-VIT for speed, intake temp and water temp. And leave the trip meter (digi speedo, etc..) set to whatever. Not really a solution though, sorry.

http://www.blitz-performance.com/Blitz_RMonitor_Rvit.htm

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it seems like it's something nissan has come up with b/c my girlfriend just bought a new altima and she was complaining about the same type of thing. Just one of those minor things, no big deal. thanks for the replies though.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, I absolutely love the digital speedo. So much easier and quicker to read than the analog one. I agree with the annoying alerts. Still think it's worth it, though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm not sure I see a problem. It should stay on whatever option you have it on. If you have it set to temp, and turn the car off, when you turn the car back on it should cycle through and go back to the temp guage. Mine does. In cold weather "icy" appears at the bottom regardless of which option I have it on. It doesn't switch to temp just because it's cold. It's just the warning so you can see "icy" if you have another option on display.

Personally I do not like the digi speedo. Just personal preference though, maybe I'm old school. It's easier for me to glance at the traditional speedo and notice where the needle is pointing. I usually keep the digi on something that isn't already displayed and relevant, like temp or mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts