Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think its the headers, cat deletes or y pipe that make it raspy..id buy it if it had a little deeper tone = (..i love the way it looks and sounds at idle..its just the higher rpms that sound "ricey" = /

·
Registered
598 Posts
good chance that its the combination of any or all of those things. some say its the resonated or non resonated pipes, some say thata y pipe can cause the issue. and as far as i know that particular exhaust is custom fabricated using a "universal hks carbon muffler" which mat also attribute to some undesireable sound.
mdzowner

·
Registered
33 Posts
i got a single, with custom test pipes, this exhaust is for FI cars, the single and the dual, you can fabricate this is you have a good exhaust shop, piping, hks muffler 354.00. im stock block [email protected] with a 11/0-11/5 AF

·
Registered
728 Posts
What do you guys/girls think of this exhaust? Is it the headers that make it sound so raspy? http://www.speedforceracing.com/productsin..._g35exhaust.php
:doh: that is not rasp. Not my favorite sounding exhaust, but definitely not a raspy exhaust. Trust me, if you had a 'need' for a full 3" dual exhaust, the last thing that you would be thinking would be rasp or rice. You would need two turbos, a built motor, and 600+ rwhp to 'need' that exhaust. Also, who gives a sh!t what the exhaust sounds like on a free rev - that one actually doesn't sound that bad. You need to hear the exhaust in person and under load to get a accurate representation of what it sounds like.

You want to hear 'rice', check out an injen exhaust. You want to hear rasp, check out oem exhaust with aftermarket y-pipe running test pipes.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
the headers or h/f cats will cause the raspy sounds. Although it's difficult to hear a trace of that in the vid. Hard to say, but it's a nice exhaust.

I know it's HKS, but $1695 is quite expensive for Ti. tips. However, this DOES let you eliminate purchasing a Y-pipe as well. So, not to shabby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts