Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a 370Z roadster w/sport package and am actually loving it! (yes I know, I need to change my avatar) The 40 extra HPs really makes it feel like its got a little afterburner strapped in the back; the interior is also quite a bit more plush. They've made some nice enhancements to it although it still not completely perfect. But at the Z's price point there isn't much else out there that can beat it.

My major criticism is actually related to the fuel gauge and DTE calculations. For those on the forum who owned a 350Z before their 370Z have you noticed that the DTE calculation drops off even faster than it did previously?

I can get into my car in the morning and the DTE says 30 miles. My job is 2 miles away, in normal traffic and by the time I've arrived the dashes have appeared. And once the dashes appear the tank seems to have almost no reserve. When I had my 350Z I could pretty well estimate how much more I could drive around when the dashes appeared and never once ran out of gas. Now I've actually (and rather embarrassingly) run out of gas twice because I've left a location with the DTE reading 30 miles and found out I really only had about 2 miles left (this actually really irks me as I had a 24 year record of having never ran out of gas on the road! :biggrin:

Has anyone else had issues like this or am I due for a visit to the dealer (which is always really fun).

Thanks!
Dom

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Gas gauges are always "approximate" and vary from car to car. And you should be embarrassed :poke: as it is kind of silly to run a tank all the way out - I assume you maybe passed a gas station or two once you got to 1/4 tank or so, especially the second time? :rolf2: j/k

·
Registered
9 Posts
I traded in my touring 350 for a nismo 370 and I can def tell the difference in gas.
Sucks up alot more, then again it could be that I have alot more fun with this one.
I want to wake up one day and see the DTE not move :)

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
You can tell the difference in gas mileage only one way - fill the tank, drive it to 1/4 or so, fill it, and divide the gallons by the miles driven. The gauge and the DTE are not that precise in most cases, although my '03 is pretty close - other than when it goes to - - -
I still have 4-5 gallons left, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i've never let my cars get that low on fuel ever. though i am still on my first tank with my 370 i find it to be pretty close to what my 350Z was. will probably update in a few months once she is properly broke in

·
Registered
643 Posts
I can't imagine letting the gas tank get that empty. I always fill my tank at the 1/4 full mark. Just fill your tank and your problem will disappear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts