Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about driving shoes, but does anyone have them? I know sparco makes some.. I have been driving in my 4 year old adidas sneakers that have the soles worn paper thin so it's great for 6spd driving. When i drive in thick-soled shoes, it seems harder to drive / shift as precisely (less pedal feel?). Would driving shoes be the thing for this? Mainly i'm trying to find something with a thin sole and comfortable / flexible.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
If you google race helmets or accessories, you'll find a few online stores that sell quality race wear. I like regular shoes (i.e. running shoes or cross trainers) for daily driving. However, I'd like to invest in some racing shoes. I saw some for under $100 that might be a good investment.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I bought these for my gf once.

not for driving though...just for kicks.
Though, she does drive in them.
Dude you say the randomest sh*t I have ever seen!!! I like it, always entertaining : ) :cheers:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Piloti shoes are terrific.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the main reason i'm thinking about it is for the thinnest soled shoes i can find. the thing i've worn before that reminded me are rock climbing shoes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Converse all-stars. Thin soles, cheap, and classic (and they don't look ghey). I drive in the leather ones, but my feet get kinda hot when it's 100 degrees outside...

[attachmentid=16416]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i own a few pairs of converse, but we're talking about even thinner soles here. i guess i'm gonna have to go find somewhere to try on a pair of driving shoes, or just order from a place with easy returns? the adidas would be great, but they are old and smellly which i'm worried about female passengers noticing :OMG: but yeah. we're talking about the thinnest soles possible, which is why i'm not just wearing converse.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Piloti shoes are terrific.
I wear my Piloti shoes every day, here is why:
Do I play basketball or tennis, no, so why where the shoes
Do I run, cross train, walk, no, so why where the shoes
Do I dress up for work or dates, no, so why where the shoes

What do I do, I drive, so I were the shoes :)

I have two pairs of the G16, black and olive

http://www.piloti.com/products/product_det...prod_sku=PR13-1

Chris

·
Super Moderator
4,328 Posts
I wear my Piloti shoes every day, here is why:
Do I play basketball or tennis, no, so why where the shoes
Do I run, cross train, walk, no, so why where the shoes
Do I dress up for work or dates, no, so why where the shoes

What do I do, I drive, so I were the shoes :)

I have two pairs of the G16, black and olive

http://www.piloti.com/products/product_det...prod_sku=PR13-1

Chris
+1

I own 2 pairs of Piloti's (Spyder and Strasse) and I dig 'em. Like Chris said, I'm not into sports and such, so when I need a nice comfortable all purpose shoe the Piloti fits the bill. Also, I can't stand driving with dress shoes on. I just don't do it. So when I need to get dolled up for a date or work, I drive with the Pilotis and slip on the dress shoes when I get there.

Ronin Z

·
Super Moderator
4,328 Posts
You guys with Pilotis...

How do you find the fit? Do they seem right on, a little narrow, run big, small? I'm was going to order a pair.
They seem spot on to me. True to size and all that.

-RZ

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
we're talking about the thinnest soles possible, which is why i'm not just wearing converse.
If you want thin soled shoes that are stylish (At least for my style) I would go with either Adidas Titans, or Puma Speedcats. I bought a pair of the Titans and liked them so much I went out and got three more pairs the next week. I have them in blue, red, black, and brown. The great thing about both of these shoes is that the come in many different colors, from conservative to hot pink.

TITANS!!!!

SPEEDCAT!!!!! MEOW

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
You guys with Pilotis...

How do you find the fit? Do they seem right on, a little narrow, run big, small? I'm was going to order a pair.
Mr. Conan...is that your new baby?! Did you sell your Z?
...I think after all that I am gonna go with APS 3.5" pipes, but I'm definately using the wideband : )

1 - 20 of 45 Posts