Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine last week: 2004 Le Mans Sunset Touring. This is my first true sports car, so feeling a little inadequate. I live in the SF Bay Area. Do you guys have a good driveing school recomendations. I want to bring the best out of my Z...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
My suggestion is to join the local SCCA and learn from your peers and pros.

There are local clubs that probably offer tracking events and classes like autocrossing and what not, so I would look into that also.

And congrats on your first sportscar. Welcome to the family. You have a great car that is a piece of automotive history.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Try going to an autocross event. There are a bunch of autox-ers that teach classes to help you learn to do it so you can better learn the limits of your car.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I might be able so steer you in the right directions.

The SCCA is doing street driving schools up at Thunder Hill these days, not to expensive and quite useful. See details here http://www.thunderhill.com/school.html

========================
If you are looking for free, you should check out Doc Wong's driving clinics. I have only been to one so far but they are quite good and I plan to attend evey time I am free. http://www.docwong.com/Autos/index.htm has information on that.

This is the calendar on that
Saturday March 19, 2005 "Driving Skills - Tire Pressure and Tire Selection"
Saturday April 9, 2005 "Driving Skills - Weight Transfer Effects"
Sunday May 22, 2005 "Driving Skills - Traction Circle"
Saturday June 11, 2005 "Driving Skills - Steering Wheel Control and Body Position"
Saturday July 16, 2005 "Driving Skills - Brake and Throttle Control"
Saturday August 13, 2005 "Driving Skills - Lines of Travel"
Saturday September 24, 2005 "Driving Skills - Heel and Toe Shifting"
Saturday October 22, 2005 "Driving Skills - Causes and Solutions to Understeering"
Sunday November 13, 2005 "Driving Skills - Causes and Solutions to Oversteering"
Skills - Smooth Inputs"
Sunday December 4, 2005 "Driving Skills - Field of Vision"

He is all about safe driving, not a bunch of hot dogging but the roads are great and the group is fun.

ClubZ.com is a local club that does track days quite often.

Finlay if you head over to the Nor Cal section of my350z, it seems most of the action going on in the bay area is posted there. They are planning a meet and run from in February that should b pretty gentle.

Hope this helps.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris,

Thanks a lot for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am not out there to destroy my car in a short run but to learn the limits of it for safe and fun driving. Trying to be a little responsible...

Might see you there soon

Csaba

1 - 5 of 5 Posts