Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago my driver door didn’t want to unlock so I put the windows down with the key and opened it from the inside, does anyone know what it might be and how to fix it, I can hear the actuator as well it just doesn’t unlock

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Welcome, and you'll need to remove the DS door panel to inspect the actuator rods inside. One of the rods has probably come loose and will need to be reconnected to the door lock. Do a search on utube and you'll find some visual instructions on this, or have it done by a pro.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, and you'll need to remove the DS door panel to inspect the actuator rods inside. One of the rods has probably come loose and will need to be reconnected to the door lock. Do a search on utube and you'll find some visual instructions on this, or have it done by a pro.
I’ll open it up in a bit and check it out, thank you !

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
You'll probably need to completely remove the panel to see where the door lock rod is disconnected. There should be two rods- one to control the latch and the other to lock/unlock. Let us know what happens in this thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Angel- what did you find when you opened up the door panel? Did you figure out the small ball attachments on the end of the control rods?
Sorry for the late reply, so I opened the door and both of the rods where still connected, the door still unlocks and everything when I press the key it just doesn’t open from the outside, could it be the actual door handle itself ?

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, so I opened the door and both of the rods where still connected, the door still unlocks and everything when I press the key it just doesn’t open from the outside, could it be the actual door handle itself ?
Did you pull off the door panel completely? If so, you saw how the rods are connected and can inspect how the actuator of the door handle works. Move them back and forth, so you can see how one of the rod works the lock, while the other opens the latch. The door handle itself is secured by 10 mm nuts inside, so it's possible to unhook the rods and remove it for a closer inspection

1 - 9 of 9 Posts