Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys ive been trying to work out the door lock button inside the car

when i press it down the passenger side locks, i actually see the button on the handle move to the lock position, but nothing happens on the drivers door. To lock the drivers door i have to manually push the button on the handle. Yet when i push the door lock button to unlock, both doors unlock

is this normal? my dealer took the door trim off to fix a window tracker rattle, could he have botched the door lock button?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats so gay

so each time i get in i have to push both buttons

im also having trouble driving the car smoothly. Ive done 300kms now, and still jerk the odd shift

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
So I take it Tpiace that you now have a 350Z ... when did you pick it up? What are car are you bringing on Monday ... C43 or the Zed?

im also having trouble driving the car smoothly. Ive done 300kms now, and still jerk the odd shift

That's just your driving that nees to get smoother. The 350Z has very 'positive' clutch that does not have much clip. Therefore if you don't make a smooth shift then the car will jerk. You will need to learn to match the revs better when shifting in order to be smoother.

IMHO, you could not ask for a better clutch from a performance point of view. Though, from a GT point of view you would have been better with the automatic ... any reason you did not pick that? It's one of the best automatic gearboxes that I've come across.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The manual says that the door lock button on the plastic handle should lock the passenger door and the rear hatch door. However, I tested my rear hatch after locking the car this way and it would not lock. Another thing for Nissan to look at!

Tpiace - this lock is supposed to lock all doors except drivers. Perhaps its a safety issue. That is, keep your valuables secure in the car as well as allowing access by any emergency crews in the event of an accident where the driver is unconscious. Emergency crew or passers by can easily open the drivers door and get you out, especially if the car's on fire.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah David i picked the car up last week from Bundoora Nissan

I went past last Saturday, drove it and loved it

I wanted a manual car, the C43 is auto, plus i preferred the Anniversary model with the improved engine. I drove a used 206kw back to back and just found the Anniversary engine a bit more akin to what im used to with past Euro cars, i.e; power increasing as u approach the red, and a high rpm. The 206kw felt a little flat to me and a bit course at high revs

The car was delivered with dealer equipped heavy duty swirls. I got up early this morning and spent all day working on the car. I told them not to wash it, so it was full of fingerprints inside and out. I clayed it, gave it a light cut with Farecla G3, and so far applied 2 coats of Z5. Im going to do another 3 coats Z5 tomorrow and 3 coats Z2-Pro Monday, thats if im ok, i feel a head cold coming on from the sub zero weather today

The first thing i noticed was the clutch take up is right at the end of travel. I havent driven a manual car since last summer, and the Z is so raw to drive. You feel everything through the clutch pedal, every noise and vibration, which isnt a bad thing, its what i wanted, a true sports car. I gotta practise quick getaways, any tips?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
yeah David i picked the car up last week from Bundoora Nissan

In that case congratulations, and welcome to the club.

I drove a used 206kw back to back and just found the Anniversary engine a bit more akin to what im used to with past Euro cars, i.e; power increasing as u approach the red, and a high rpm. The 206kw felt a little flat to me and a bit course at high revs

I had the same problem with the 350Z when I wa test-driving them a 1.5 years ago. I probably would have not bought the car if I was not shown what an exhaust and filter does to the engine.

I havent driven a manual car since last summer, and the Z is so raw to drive/

That's probably why you're having a hard time. One you've spent some time with it (and manual gearbox again) it'll all come good for you. It's really just practice.

I gotta practice quick getaways, any tips?

That's probably easier then making 'smooth shifts'. All you need to do is dial around 2,000 - 2,500rpm and drop the clutch. Pretty simple, and not much to it.

ps. What car are you bringing on Monday? ... I pressume thas your Zed will not be run-in by then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts