Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
****, TK, how long did you have the new one? I had mine 16 days when I got my first scratch.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Try paintless dent removal. They do a nice job for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Dont feel bad..I had 2 dings fixed and six minutes after I left the body shop I got a new one in the same spot..Probably some trailer trash with a $200 car and no insurance..I really would beat the **** out of someone if I saw them do it and try to leave..

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
That's why you need to carry a big mag light in your Z, for the off chance you see someone doing that.
J--I'd hate to see you go off on someone like that, they wouldn't stand a CHANCE! LOL

Josh that sucks a** so bad.
Is PDR and option? If so and if you are painting the entire Z, don't sweat it too much....it just sucks that people in this world have no respect for other's posessions. They need to get a few dents in THEM as a lesson!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Steve350Z@May 10 2004, 07:35 PM
at least you didn't have a deer run into your door.

That happened to me once too! The stupid thing was running alongside me, and then took a left right into my passenger side!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
It always happens right when you buy it too. I got my 2 biggest scratches when my car was under a month old. Its been basically scratch free since.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+May 10 2004, 06:03 PM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ May 10 2004, 06:03 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Steve350Z
@May 10 2004, 07:35 PM

That happened to me once too! The stupid thing was running alongside me, and then took a left right into my passenger side!

dumb deer decided to run right in front of me after i already started to pass it, ran right into the side and left a big snot trail and a barely noticable ripple in the paint

·
Registered
46 Posts
With where i work, there are 4 parking spots directly in front and this is how they lined up:
old ass grand am - escalade - cavalier - civic

A few minutes later, i hear *bam* and i look out the windows and the grand am put a huge in the side of the escalade and just drives off, luckily i got the plate # as she was driving away. Then, sitting longer about 20 mins later another *bam* and Meagan (co-worker) who was outside ran in and was like blah blah blah and they put a small dent, put took all the paint off where the door laid into the escalade and when they got in the door went up and down taking the paint off. We got both the plate numbers, wrote them down, but them underneath the windshield

I was angry!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+May 10 2004, 07:03 PM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ May 10 2004, 07:03 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Steve350Z
@May 10 2004, 07:35 PM

that sounds sooo like stock car racing!

Hmm...drive straight, turn left, drive straight, turn left...drive straight, turn right? No, wait! Bam, hit wall!

No door dings in my car, and I've had it for about 2 months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and finding parking spots far away from everybody. Folks at work are pretty cool about respecting the Z. It's the public I feel sorry for when I get my hands on them. Mag light is a good idea.

"Your momma strong."
"But my kung fu is stronger."

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've got a small ding in my door as well. Someone recommended I try using a plunger to get it out, but I think it's too small. It's only about the diameter of a quarter, and thank god no paint damage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts