Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Z in to the hometown dealership to get the window regulators replaced. Tested the windows, they worked fine and the grease streak on the inside was taken care of also. The next day I decide to wash my car, when I came around to the passenger side door this is what I found:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Wow. That sucks. Looks like they pushed it out from the inside when they were fixing things

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Bring that thing back and demand they fix it

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm confident that they'll be cooperative and fix it. Compared to the dealership I was going to before, they seem to be more willing to take care of any problem. I won't know anything until Monday so I'll just have to stop looking at it before it makes me ill.

The only other problem I found, which I didn't post pics on was a nice long scratch just aft of the driver side door. I don't think there is enough probable evidence to say they did that. Even though I'm absolutely sure that they put it there. I always check the car before I take it in. I just wish I had taken pics the night before. I guess I'll have to remember to do that next time.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
that really sucks , let us know how it went...
dont they inspect your car before they do any work on it at your dealership ? if they do , next time make sure they write something like " no scratches , no dents " , make them sign it and get a copy.. then when you pick it up , inspect it like crazy ...
thats what I do..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Oct 10 2004, 09:22 AM
that really sucks , let us know how it went...
dont they inspect your car before they do any work on it at your dealership ? if they do , next time make sure they write something like " no scratches , no dents " , make them sign it and get a copy..  then when you pick it up , inspect it like crazy ...
thats what I do..

After this last experience, that's exactly what I'm going to start doing. Mistakes happen, and if they can get away with it without you knowing they'll do it.

Now, on a good note... I took my Z to the dealership yesterday and showed him the dent and the scratch. We went over to there bodyshop to see what could be done. The bodyshop supr. said that since it's an outty dent paintless dent repair would probably not be an option. He said what they will have to do is shrink the material to get rid of the dent. Now I'm not real keen on bodyshop practices, but I guess I'll see if any of you have any good or bad to say about that option. Also the scratch on the driver side rear panel will be fixed also. I believe the service guy said he would take it somewhere else since their dealership bodyshop is too expensive. Now that's another thing I don't quite understand. Why would they not use there own bodyshop to repaint the scratch? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
i hate careless dealerships
i just noticed the first door ding on my car the other day

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Bogart@Oct 12 2004, 08:36 PM
Now that's another thing I don't quite understand.  Why would they not use there own bodyshop to repaint the scratch?  Any ideas?

Because Nissan bodyshops are not going to be able to fix it the way it should be fixed...go to someone else and send Nissan the bill, they did it they are responsible and you have the option of choosing someone else. Esp if the service manager doesn't have enough faith that their bodyshop can fix it right. Geez, the bodyshop here couldn't even match my Brickyard paint, had to take her back twice....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Oct 14 2004, 08:56 AM-->QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Oct 14 2004, 08:56 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bogart
@Oct 12 2004, 08:36 PM
Now that's another thing I don't quite understand. Why would they not use there own bodyshop to repaint the scratch? Any ideas?

Because Nissan bodyshops are not going to be able to fix it the way it should be fixed...go to someone else and send Nissan the bill, they did it they are responsible and you have the option of choosing someone else. Esp if the service manager doesn't have enough faith that their bodyshop can fix it right. Geez, the bodyshop here couldn't even match my Brickyard paint, had to take her back twice....

That's a good point jinxxy, I'll probably talk to him tomorrow since I now have other issues that arose from the previous service.
Hopefully he won't be an azz about it. I just want my Z to be back the way it was when I took it to them last week. This really makes me mad. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still waiting on the dealership to finish the repairs. Supposedly the service manager said the dent came out and it looks great.....Yeah right, I'll be the judge of that when I see it. When I talked to him today he said that his touch-up guy was going to be able to fix it without painting. As deep as the scratch was I don't think buffing it was going to be sufficient. When I called him at 4:00pm he said it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow. That tells me that his touch-up guy either screwed up or realized he couldn't get it out with the buffer. So needless to say I have to wait another day. All I have to say is it better be right or they're doing it again. I've already talked to my INS. agent and he is good friends with the dealership owner and would make sure everything is fine. If that does't work than I guess we're boxing! I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I called the service guy around noon today and he said everything looked great. Of course in the back of my mind I was thinking, YEAH RIGHT! So I get to the dealership at about 4:00pm and go straight to the dent side. I take a quick look and BAM! dent is still there. It's definately less visible but still there. Of course I point it out to him and he struggles to see it, so he gets his supr. to take a look. After a few angle changes and such the supr. finally sees what I'm talking about. He agrees the repair is not good enough. Ok, now to the side where the scratch is....BAM! one of the worst paint jobs I've seen. I wish I would have remembered to bring my camera just to show you the pics. It was awfull! Bubbles all over the place. I think I counted about 15. Of course the service guy is reluctant to agree, so I point them out the supr. and he agrees it's not good. I'm so pissed right now!

Now the discussion about getting it done right begins. I express my anger politely, which he agrees that I should be. That didn't quite make sense. If he agrees that I should be pissed then why even have me come up here to pick it up if you already know that it's not good enough. Does he think I'm an idiot? I'm in QC where I work, nothing gets by me! That's my job. What a dumb azz! AHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so MAD :xZ!o: Anyway I agreed to give the guys another chance to fix their screw ups, but I told him that if it's not perfect it's not good enough. If they can't return it to the original condition, then I'll take it to my dad's shop and I'll send the dealership the bill.

OK sorry about the rant! I'll keep you posted.....again!

·
Registered
42 Posts
****, good luck man... i would stay on them til they get it right and you feel good about their workmanship.

I would be pissed of too.. :furious:

·
Registered
63 Posts
good luck, the bastards. How hard is it to fix something right in the first place?

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's was a pretty sharp dent. They'll have to pound it in...fill it...then paint the whole door to blend it in right. That's the only way to fix it correctly. They're just trying to take short-cuts to get by. You're talking about a $300-$400 job right there.

Don't settle!!!! It's thier fault. They need to buck-up and do it right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
pieces of shiz. I had a similar problem. Made them give me two paint jobs (and fix a dent) on the front bumper because they damaged it. They screwed up both paint jobs because they were so cheap. No clear coat either I think. Wow...thanks for the great service Nissan. Makes me pissed that this happens at multiple dealerships.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello again everyone! Well I think I've finally got everything fixed with the exception of the driver side window regulator. That was the intial reason for taking my car in before all of the dent and scratch problems came about. Anyway, the dent is gone, after having them redo the paint job twice on the driver side rear panel for the scratch I feel like I've gotten alot accomplished with only a minor case of heartburn. All in all it came out pretty good. Now the only thing left is to get the newly replaced window regulator replaced with a new, new regulator. HAHA does that make sense? :lol: Also I still seem to have an annoying squeak in the dash area on the passenger side, but they told me when the new, new regulator comes in they'll work on that issue too.

Thanks to everyone for all the support. :boobies:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts