Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a problem with a buzzing sound in their passenger door? I didn't notice it until the other day while driving without the stereo on. It's a buzz sound (kind of like the sound of when you have a busted speaker when the stereo is playing).

It usually happens at speeds above 20mph; anything less, it doesn't make the sound. It went away the first time I heard it after I fiddled with the door air vent. However it came back and I can't pin-point it exactly, but it sounds like it is coming directly from the passenger door. I don't blast my stereo loud, even setting it at volume 8 is enough to mask the buzz sound. But when I have the stereo off, I can hear that annoying "bzzz bzzzzzz bzzz" sound.

It's really embarassing.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Could be a loose wire or short. Maybe the window motor or something. I'd take it to Nissan and have them do some warranty work.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Its probably just the door panel vibrating from the bass.

What you need to do is insulate the connection points so it doesn't vibrate as much. Take off the door panel and put a few pieces of electrical tape on the metal where the door panel comes in contact with it. The little amount of space between the two will be filled so the panel won't vibrate, and even if it does vibrate against the tape, the buzzing sound will be deadened.

·
Registered
87 Posts
[/quote]

Nissan has upgraded the orange pop in clips that hold most of the interior plastic pieces in place. If you go to the dealer to buy them you will find thay have added a black foam washer. My guess is this helps reduce the noise. I bought a bag full and everytime I pull off a panel I put in new ones.

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/quote]

Is it a a physical or electrical buzzing noise? If it is electrical sounds like you may have some ground loop feedback, do you have an aftermarket stereo installed? Ground loop feddback is a common problem, but easy to fix.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Mine does it really bad when it's cold. It's just the panel rattling from the bass.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
[/quote]

How much did the new fittings run you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts