man...when i first got the car, it felt like a bulet
when added the mods, it felt like a rocket
now, it feels as if it is slow
the only time i feel its fast is when i race someone. :shiftdrive:

does anyone feel the same way?

·
Registered
790 Posts
YES!!!!!!! I have to go FI soon because I feel like I am driving a 4 banger again! It is KILLING ME> I hate to feel SLOW.

~Z~

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
My advice, either race people a lot, or buy a beater car and only drive the Z on occasion.

I drive my Z maybe 2-4 times a week, and the rest of the bullshit sub-sonic driving I do in a 4-cyl 5-door kia. Also, the kia is stick so I had the opportunity to learn the fancy stuff on it (heel-toeing, powershifting etc). My Z still feels fast ;)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Jul 5 2005, 11:56 AM
My advice, either race people a lot, or buy a beater car and only drive the Z on occasion.

I drive my Z maybe 2-4 times a week, and the rest of the bullshit sub-sonic driving I do in a 4-cyl 5-door kia.  Also, the kia is stick so I had the opportunity to learn the fancy stuff on it (heel-toeing, powershifting etc).  My Z still feels fast ;)
[snapback]126687[/snapback]​

zc you drive more in your KIA

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Jul 5 2005, 09:30 AM

[snapback]126616[/snapback]​

You sound like a man in need of some track time. If you haven't already take your car to an SCCA event. It is amazing how fast your car will feel when you are trying navigate little cones. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I felt like that too, having the Z for a daily driver for 1.5 years.
Then I went to a 4cyl Altima, and it felt like I was driving a golf cart.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Man my Z still feels hella fast! :shiftdrive: I never never never get tired of driving her............:shiftdrive: or do like Phil said, take her to the track, the little time I had to try to get balls to the walls at mid ohio it was amazing how much I had to slow down into the s curves and the hairpins, going way to fast in the straightaways to not downshift/brake in those turns.........................

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
For some reason (maybe the cooler air) my Z feels faster on my morning commute than it does in the evening when I leave work and drive in traffic in 100F + weather. This even true for having a/c on.

Today I drove to work with my a/c on and it still felt quick and nimble. Speed shifting at about 4K RPMs helps a lot and if you look in the back, it seems like you are racing as everyone is waaaaaaaaaay behind you.

I still love my Z and it feels fast if you drive sanely most of the time and then let 'er rip on an open road.

I realized this morning that if you downshift to third @ 60MPH in order to fly through an opening created by two semi trucks on both sides of you, then this also increases the feeling of speed and adrenaline (even though I do not condone this behavior :)).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Only after I eat a big meal! :lmfao:

Seriously, I try and drive it conservatively as much as possible so I don't get used to the speed and torque too much. But when I get on her, watch out! She's a screamin' banshee!!! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't think there has been a driving day go bye that I haven't got on her in some way or another. Living in BFE with 10 or so miles of open unoccupied (read no coppers) road on my way to work does make a difference.

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
i got in my friend dave's Z this past weekend, and he has the APS tt....DAYYYUUMMM that thing kicks. im most definitely gettin blown now. FO SHIZZLE

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I know what you mean.. it's just you getting used to the car.. not a bad thing.. doesn't mean add more power..

go to the track and learn how to use the power you have now.. IMHO, too many people add power without knowing how to use it.

Auto X, road course, whatever... just get out there and learn . :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
never had it as a daily driver , i usualy daily drive a h2 or a jeep liberty so when i get in my z i feel its fast as ****!! ohh wait actualy it is fast as **** lol !!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Napoleon@Jul 6 2005, 01:43 AM
never had it as a daily driver , i usualy daily drive a h2 or a jeep liberty so when i get in my z i feel its fast as ****!! ohh wait actualy it is fast as **** lol !!
[snapback]127217[/snapback]​

:rolf2: :lmfao: :yourock:

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by fillup+Jul 5 2005, 03:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ayman350z
@Jul 5 2005, 09:30 AM

[snapback]126616[/snapback]​

You sound like a man in need of some track time. If you haven't already take your car to an SCCA event. It is amazing how fast your car will feel when you are trying navigate little cones. :)
[snapback]126770[/snapback]​

True!! So very true! Track events let you feel the adrenaline and get out that urge to race everything on the street!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm with 350zluvr on this one. I think it has to do with the temperature and humidity. When I drive at around 5AM in the summer, it feels very quick, but in the afternoon (in FL), the high temps and 100% humidity make it feel sluggish. Winter is definitely the best with that 40 degree weather, feels very fast and responsive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts