Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the stock Touring stereo feature auxiliary RCA Outputs for hooking it up to an aftermarket unit?

I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket flip-out screen-type head unit with Navigation installed into the little Nav "cubbyhole", and want to retain my (stock) in-dash CD changer I already have, passing that signal through the new unit's "AUX" input.

Is this possible, or would I need to get a matching aftermarket CD-changer too?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
no there are no rca inputs or outputs on the z radios.

u have 2 options

1. use FM modulator. this will run all input sound through a radios station frequency. can be used with any audio inputs (dvd, cd changer, etc...)

2. contact soundgate. they make special addon components that will let you interface RCA inputs and/or cd changers into factory stereos. I did not see a 350z item on their website, but they do have 2003 maxima.. so it may work.. just contact them for more information....

·
Registered
139 Posts
JL Audio is soon coming out with, if they haven't already, RCA cables with the RCA plugs on one end and bare wire on the other for splicing into speaker wire for speaker-level inputs, since their amps don't have speaker-level inputs.

Also, I've heard of a guy with a Lexus IS300 who spliced into the main board of his factory radio to do this, but unless you really know what you're doing, don't even go there. IMHO, you'll get so much better sound out of an aftermarket deck like an Eclipse or top shelf Alpine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts