Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my B pillar as I'm doing some CF wrap.. but I notice it has two pieces of weather strip attached to it. One on the rear and one on top. It doesn't look stock, but it's hard to tell as it's kinda old (2003) and dried out. All of the replacement B Pillars I have looked up, don't seem to have anything but the B pillar but it's hard to tell from pictures if any rubber is attached to the edges.

I "can" reglue it on (had to remove to do the wrap) but I wonder if it's even supposed to be there.

I don't have another Z handy to compare.

Thanks in advance.. If someone had detailed pictures of their 03 B Pillar and what the mounting are looks like when it's removed, that would be great.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I believe the "weather strip" you are talking about is actually adhesive tape of sorts.All of that will need to be replaced with new sealer tape(3-M acrylic plus is best
because its also,BLACK)will need to be installed after all the old stuff is cleaned off.
Don't know why you just did not install real CF covers.Thats what I did.They fit
right over the OEM B Pillars,install in minutes.And,they are real CF not a wrap.Cost
at 60 bucks(got mine from ZCF)is worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the "weather strip" you are talking about is actually adhesive tape of sorts.All of that will need to be replaced with new sealer tape(3-M acrylic plus is best
because its also,BLACK)will need to be installed after all the old stuff is cleaned off.
Don't know why you just did not install real CF covers.Thats what I did.They fit
right over the OEM B Pillars,install in minutes.And,they are real CF not a wrap.Cost
at 60 bucks(got mine from ZCF)is worth it.
Thanks... and yes.. Will probably get real CF at some point, just don't have the extra coin at this time and I have a roll of the 3M Di Noc. Sooo I'm just playing to see if I like it, and then when I get some extra cash I'll swap out for the real stuff. I did the bezel around the shift (auto) and that looks nice. I like CF as an accent, not so much for the whole thing, unless it's really the WHOLE car. The 3M stuff is fun to play with and even tho it's not CF, I think I noticed an increase in power :) (I crack me up)...

cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts