Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this link to a Nismo Cap on Ebay.

Nismo Cap on Ebay

Can you say rip off?

It seems like there is more and more sh*t posted up on ebay for the 350Z and it sucks having to filter through all the garbage. I wish there was some way to group all of the multiple items together so you wouldn't have to see each one individually.

Anyone else see any good Ebay junk lately?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i really feel the same way i think ebay is not a good place to buy stuff. you can get better deals by looking at online shops reather than shop there IMO. i cant stand it now, so i dont bother using it

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Wow is that a rip off. But sometimes you can get some good deals with it. I got my alpine cd player for $150 less than it costs at crutchfeld or the retail place by my house.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Yeah, I agree that eBay is great for suckers. But I also agree with Dave, I got my Alpine from eBay too. The same with my amp. And I got good deals on both.

What I do like eBay for is old video games. Like sh!t that I wanted when I was like 12 but couldn't afford.
</span>

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Jul 21 2004, 08:35 AM-->QUOTE (DiRN @ Jul 21 2004, 08:35 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-toykilla
@Jul 21 2004, 09:41 AM
I think I will by this Nismo cap from ebay, it is a much better deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5&category=6763

Maybe we can arrange a group buy

Haha yeah we will need to have the group buy to get those prices lower. I dont know if I can handle $1.99. They are charging $11 for shipping though. Absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I am serious about buying that.. you guys think i am kidding, but i dont see any reason to pay 65$ for an "authentic" Nismo cap that is "made in china" when i can pay 1.99$ for a "non-authentic" Nismo cap that is "made in china".

**places bid on ebay now

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Jul 21 2004, 12:28 PM
I am serious about buying that.. you guys think i am kidding, but i dont see any reason to pay 65$ for an "authentic" Nismo cap that is "made in china" when i can pay 1.99$ for a "non-authentic" Nismo cap that is "made in china".

**places bid on ebay now

Josh I got the same one, but I think I paid $10. The "Nismo" is a sticker that I quickly put on before I put it on Lucy. Well, trick is to put the cap on first and then put the sticker on so it can be straight. Then I tried to fix it by prying up the sticker w/ a steak knife
and now it's scratched. Just ordered this one, it's purdy $34.95 Z-Tek Mfg

And ZX Rage, there is more and more schlock on ebay for Z's, I try to do a more detailed search rather than type in Nissan 350z or whatever, like 350z oil cap for instance. I have not been ripped off by ebay yet, but ordered a key chain weeks ago that has not arrived.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have been ripped on eBay. Haven't used them in almost two years...Don't miss 'em.

We have a thing in the Bay Area called Craig's List, not as extensive as eB, but local.

I'd buy from the dealer 1st....that's how bad I hate 'em (both).

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I've never been a big fan of Craigs List. I used to use it to get a ballpark on apartments in NYC, but most of them weren't anything great

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You're right, it probably is better out there since that's where it all began. It's probably a lot more used, and the whole culture there is different

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ebay has had more crap than ever in the past year or two. I have only had good experiences with Ebay. I only buy from members with over 50 feedbacks from selling and not just buying.

I was looking to get into a business of selling "throwback" NBA/NFL/MLB jerseys on Ebay. I did some research to tell the difference between the real and the fake jerseys, and the majority of the ones for auction were fake. And loads of people were bidding. I know I would've made some money, but I just can't sell crap to people and tell them it's real. I'd feel bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a set of wheels and tires from a guy in St. Paul through ebay back in January and paid with paypal. I got an email from him that he had got the money and was doing to ship. After about two weeks I started calling and sending him email and when I finally heard from him, he had just gotten out of jail for "receiving stollen goods". Some guys were stealing the stuff and he was selling it on ebay for them. Ebay and paypal both said that the guy was a crook but did nothing to help get my money back. They both suck out loud.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by zcruzer@Jul 28 2004, 07:05 AM
I bought a set of wheels and tires from a guy in St. Paul through ebay back in January and paid with paypal. I got an email from him that he had got the money and was doing to ship.  After about two weeks I started calling and sending him email and when I finally heard from him, he had just gotten out of jail for "receiving stollen goods". Some guys were stealing the stuff and he was selling it on ebay for them. Ebay and paypal both said that the guy was a crook but did nothing to help get my money back. They both suck out loud.

Man, I would need to go out and have some beers after that :goodtimes: That sucks. Almost makes it worth the drive to go there and kick his ass

Honestly I would rather stick to reputable places and pay a little more with the reasurance that my [email protected] will get to me and have some sort of warrenty. if the place is legit, most of the time they will match prices as well.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
In 2001, we purchased about $38,000 worth of merchandise from ebay. ($34,000 F250, stereo equip, kitchen stuff and satalite equip. Now I never shop there, too many people get taken with junk or no ships.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts