Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok from what i have been hearing so far, i have heard a lot of people complaining about the Z in a lot of different ways
some complain about the transmission
some about the differential
some about grinding noise
and a lot of other stuff

but every single time i double check with that person they have a 6MT! :doh:
i personally have 5AT, and i never had any of those problems, the car runs smooth without a problem at all.
the only time i had a slight metal grinding was from the Kinetix plenum i installed and it was grinding on the strut bar...was not a Z problem at all. :headshake:

i was wondering is it that 6 speed gives more problems more than 5 speed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
The earlier versions of the 6MT did give more problems than the 5AT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
i have a 6mt problems so far
Transmision grinding
Wore out lsd
camshaft sensor malfunction
window grease
weird noise when i braked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
I am on my 2nd 6M and its in the shop again due to grinding...

still, I cant fathom how much less fun an auto would be....

although, its not much fun at all when I am driving a loaner Kia Sedona Minivan... so maybe an auto would have been better...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Zboy@Jul 11 2005, 10:12 AM
I am on my 2nd 6M and its in the shop again due to grinding...

still, I cant fathom how much less fun an auto would be....

although, its not much fun at all when I am driving a loaner Kia Sedona Minivan... so maybe an auto would have been better...
[snapback]129730[/snapback]​


dude the semi auto, tiptronic is just as fun as the 6speed MT....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Jul 11 2005, 11:20 AM
dude the semi auto, tiptronic is just as fun as the 6speed MT....
[snapback]129735[/snapback]​

I have to disagree with you on that one. There's something about shift *wait* gear change that just isn't as fun. Shifting in my Si is a lot more fun than shifting in my Z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Jul 11 2005, 11:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ayman350z
@Jul 11 2005, 11:20 AM
dude the semi auto, tiptronic is just as fun as the 6speed MT....
[snapback]129735[/snapback]​

I have to disagree with you on that one. There's something about shift *wait* gear change that just isn't as fun. Shifting in my Si is a lot more fun than shifting in my Z
[snapback]129744[/snapback]​


:wavey: Just saying that..............HI! :wavey: :rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: cause I am not agreeing w/...................................................................................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jul 11 2005, 12:25 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 11:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ayman350z
@Jul 11 2005, 11:20 AM
dude the semi auto, tiptronic is just as fun as the 6speed MT....
[snapback]129735[/snapback]​

I have to disagree with you on that one. There's something about shift *wait* gear change that just isn't as fun. Shifting in my Si is a lot more fun than shifting in my Z
[snapback]129744[/snapback]​


:wavey: Just saying that..............HI! :wavey: :rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: cause I am not agreeing w/...................................................................................
[snapback]129864[/snapback]​


:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Jul 11 2005, 10:20 AM
dude the semi auto, tiptronic is just as fun as the 6speed MT....
[snapback]129735[/snapback]​


Well, that's your opinion, not fact. IMO, when I drove the auto, it was very boring. I don't think I'll ever own an auto car (except maybe for an SUV).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,474 Posts
Well than open your eyes, jagoff.

Be disrespectful and you'll get disrespected.

I have no problem with any Z member trying to contribute to this forum. There are plenty of other places to make a mockery of daily life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by illz33@Jul 11 2005, 02:14 PM
Well than open your eyes, jagoff.

Be disrespectful and you'll get disrespected.

I have no problem with any Z member trying to contribute to this forum.  There are plenty of other places to make a mockery of daily life.
[snapback]130048[/snapback]​


you need some seriouse :helpsmilie:
how sad :headshake:

man lighten up will you....have fun :cheers:

this happens when people take stuff personal :werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by illz33@Jul 11 2005, 02:21 PM
I'm the one who needs help?

It seems like 50% of your posts are complete nonsense.


I have enough fun for 10 people.. I don't need to lighten up...  Take a look around man.
[snapback]130068[/snapback]​


MAYBE its PA.... :nana:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top