why do so many ppl get them >!!!

safety issues???

sum other?!?!?!

please preach

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I can think of 3 reasons:

1. A lot of Zs ship with them from the factory.
2. It keeps the car a lot cleaner.
3. A lot of people (myself included) think they improve the sexy lines of the Z

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
All it takes is one pass through a road re-surfacing, or encountering some gravel on the road to make you a believer. :OMG:
I too think it improves the lines. A lot of body kits incorporate the guard lines because it creates a nice flow to the rocker panels and rear.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

ps. don't forget to polish the inside of the guards so the "stuff" that splashes on it comes off easier

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I had an Infiniti I30 before the Z, and I purchased splash guards seperately. They cleaned up the looks nicely, and best of all, kept the water spatter marks from driving through puddles from kicking up on my freshly washed paint. I made sure the Z had them from the factory because of this experience.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I took them off the car the very instant I arrived home from the dealership. I think the car look much better without them. The front fenders and rear quarters come down far enough on the wheels that the splash guards provide very little, if any, additional protection.

WD-40 will remove just about anything stuck to the painted surfaces, This includes tar and ashplalt.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Sep 29 2005, 11:24 AM
I can think of 3 reasons:

1. A lot of Zs ship with them from the factory.
2. It keeps the car a lot cleaner.
3. A lot of people (myself included) think they improve the sexy lines of the Z

[snapback]159029[/snapback]​

What he said.... :pw:

I think it makes the Z look better, and it does help with overspray from the tires.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I french kiss mine every day. :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Indeed. Do you drive in an area where "****" is a problem? I'd move - immediately. :werd:

In my 'hood, we don't tolerate "****" on the road. :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the way they look on my Z. If they are funtional all the better, my pretty.
I agree with Gollum in that splash guards give the illusion of a Z with a wider, lower, more aggressive appearance.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 03 came with them and the 05 did not. So I bought some for it. Relatively cheap. Less then $40 for front and rear pairs. Keep the Z much cleaner and I like the look on non-modified bodies.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The 03 came with them and the 05 did not.
they didnt? how come i have them? am i thinking of the same thing?

mines an '05 base, maybe i paid for them and didnt notice, i have a pic with them already painted in the gallery section, its under "2005 Z"

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 03 came with them and the 05 did not. So I bought some for it. Relatively cheap. Less then $40 for front and rear pairs. Keep the Z much cleaner and I like the look on non-modified bodies.

35th Anniversary model did not have them, I ordered from parts department prepainted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts