Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had a few wires fall off a part under my 2005 350z and I cannot figure out what it is. It appears as though it feeds into the oil line and the part requires a POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE wire connection and the part actually swivels left and right. Attached please find pics. I need to know which wire goes where, anyone that can help I would really apprecite it!

Cali

·
Super Moderator
1,616 Posts
Can you provide more details on where these photos were taken (ie. left or right side of engine bay, near the tranny, etc.)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could be wrong but that looks like the oil filter in the back ground, the alternator above it and the oil preasure sender has been adaptered on to other fittings to a comma date the added in part you are refering to, if im right and there was no change from 04-05 (i have an 04) its either an added on oil temp or oil preasure sensor for aftermarket gauge(which makes no sense because the car has an oil preasure gauge on the center dash) and you might awell take it out and just screw the factory oil preasure sensor back into the upper oil pan and forget about it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could be wrong but that looks like the oil filter in the back ground, the alternator above it and the oil preasure sender has been adaptered on to other fittings to a comma date the added in part you are refering to, if im right and there was no change from 04-05 (i have an 04) its either an added on oil temp or oil preasure sensor for aftermarket gauge(which makes no sense because the car has an oil preasure gauge on the center dash) and you might awell take it out and just screw the factory oil preasure sensor back into the upper oil pan and forget about itare absolutely
Yes! You are correct in that being the oil filter. However, what is strange about this part is that it swivels smoothly back and forth, also I didnt realize it until now but there are two wires that go to this part a black and a to get other angles of picturs posted up here? Could it be a left over part from a turbo system that was once on the car? I Do have extra gauge that are not connected. Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts