Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Ugly or Not?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my humble, nonthreatening, meaningless opinion, the 370Z may have gained performance, but as far as looks, its lost alot of sex appeal from the 350Z. I seem to be the only one in the world who thinks this way... Is there ANYONE out there who thinks the 370 is ugly?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I used to be pretty outspoken about what a failure I thought the new Z was on the topic of design, but then I saw one in person. What looks awkward to me in photos actually comes together quite well up close, and I went from hating it to thinking (foolishly) about how I could finagle a trade in on my current Z. Not a wise financial choice though, so I can only ogle and nod in approval. I still totally see how the design of this one is hit or miss with many though, and I still think the headlights could have been done better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When it was still a concept car I really thought I would want one. After they came out I was disappointed with the back end of the car, along with the price increase. I will not be purchasing a 370z.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually hate it EVEN MORE in person. You can see the big lumps on the headlights that I didn't know was there until later... I have a 350z cuz their gorgeous. I have a procharger cuz that gives it the grunt its supposed to have. I couldn't be happier. But I have noticed a trend of design ugliness in all of Nissan's line. The new altimas... eh. The Maximas have the same horrific headlights as the 370z i think... The new sentra... send it home... Kinda disappointed in Nissan's designs lately. But i'm sure their reliability and whatnot remains wonderfully unchanged.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
QUOTE (minesfaster @ Mar 27 2009, 04:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=572199
I actually hate it EVEN MORE in person. You can see the big lumps on the headlights that I didn't know was there until later... I have a 350z cuz their gorgeous. I have a procharger cuz that gives it the grunt its supposed to have. I couldn't be happier. But I have noticed a trend of design ugliness in all of Nissan's line. The new altimas... eh. The Maximas have the same horrific headlights as the 370z i think... The new sentra... send it home... Kinda disappointed in Nissan's designs lately. But i'm sure their reliability and whatnot remains wonderfully unchanged.
I utterly despise the new Maxima, and the Sentra is crap. So I hear you man.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I watched a video on Edmunds tonight and thought the profile of the 370 was very sexy and looked a bit more aggressive than the 350. I was impressed by it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Mar 27 2009, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=572203
I watched a video on Edmunds tonight and thought the profile of the 370 was very sexy and looked a bit more aggressive than the 350. I was impressed by it.
Seeing the 370Z in motion also does a lot for it as well. It appears more nimble and balanced than the 350Z.

·
Registered
282 Posts
So I hate to admit it but- when you people are right, you're right. During my recent trips to a local dealer for brake parts in another post, I found myself not looking, but staring at a showroom 370z. I could still lose the front lower corner thingamabobers I guess. The front bumper actually looks aerodynamic as well as the rest of the body. Just about every complaint I had for it was hardly noticable in person. And for all this drooling I swore never to do over the 370, I blame the media. They always seem to shoot cars in some stupid special lens that makes it look different than the actual model.

I still love the 350, but now I'm wondering if the 370's wheels and brakes could transfer over to a 350 frankenstein style.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I like it, no more, and no less than the 350. If I can pull together the money after graduation for a 370, then I'll get one, if not, 350 it is. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but in person I think it looks good (still not a fan of the teeth, but that's what the aftermarket's for). That said, the interior is really nice, and still fits me like a glove. I'd definitely take the 3.7 over the 3.5, but it's not a deal breaker.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
it's ok. i like how they changed the rear inside by moving the rear strut bar allowing for a bit more room for storage and after sitting in the seats, i really like those better than mine (though mine are 6 years old now and a bit broken in).

·
Registered
24 Posts
We don't have them in Australia to see "in the flesh" yet.

From photos I'm undecided but will definitely be looking at the car.

I had my Z for 4 great years and just felt like a change when it was time to go. I've had a Golf R32 for nearly two years now and I do miss the hardcore nature of the Z.

From what I read the 370 is more hard core than the standard 350 so I'll be driving one - looks wise though I'm really not sure until I've seen one for real.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i like the 370Z on the looks on the outside. On the inside i did not like to small inside not enough room compared too the 350Z and the seperation from both the seats is not much. Your pretty much shoulder too shoulder in that car especially if your sort of big lol.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Looks okay to me. What I like are the "numbers". More hp/torque, lighter, smaller. However......what were they thinking with the gauges? The digital display on the pod is a bad idea!

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I finally went and sat in one yesterday. It was okay. I'm still mixed on it. The exterior is terrible. The lines are all messed up and not as smooth as the Z33. That rear fender going up so high kills the lines. If you notice on the Z33, the window's bottom edge goes all the way back to the hatch in a nice, clear straight line. Fenders on the Z34 are too big, hood or front clip is huge compared to the Z33, and the sideskirts are strange. The interior is nice with the storage locations behind the seats, the center console is better, and the stitching on the seats pops out. Steering wheel and gauges are way too busy for me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I hated the look of the 370 when all of the rumor mills were going on...boomerang headlight spyshots, fanged bumper reports...and then it all came true. But I must say, having it seen several times in person, I think it looks better than the 350. I think the 350 is a touch too long, something that was addressed in the 370. And though I didn't really like the headlights and front facia, they've grown on me. But opinions are like buttholes...everyone's got one. (on a side note, I used to say that opinions are like bellybuttons, and then I found out everyone DIDNT' have one...crazyiness. Look it up if you don't believe me. There was some model who doesn't have one.)

·
5,437 Posts
I think it looks pretty nice in person. I ran one the other day on the highway. That was what I was really most curious about, and he didn't get away. So that's good to know.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts