1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've seen those volta's before... I can't believe they've put a car together with that much power, using a hybrid engine, and ****, the thing just looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Toyota better be looking to the past, because they have no sports car to sell now, since dropping the Supra Turbo several years ago.

For pure sporting fun, I like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
The Volta isn't going into production; that was announced recently. I think they're all ugly cars and I hope they never see production. Give me a '67 Camaro, '03 M5, and '02 R34 GTR along with my Z and I'll be happy for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Jul 29 2004, 12:17 PM
I'd like to design my own concept car
Maybe after I finish all these small-time How-Tos i will kick it up a notch.

BAM!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

From a mechanical Engineer perspective, I do have to say that it is nice to see that car manufacturers are using hybrid technology in sports cars. This could be the path necessary to make them viable contenders to the dominant gasoline powered engines, plus it will help preserve the existing oil reserves and help the technology spread faster in the future.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love rally cars (my fav is the Peugeot 206 WRC, not sure why, just something about it). I would love to be able to get into it for fun, but it's a friggin expensive sport. Even if you just build a beater, you still are constantly replacing clutches, and struts, and tires, and steering arms, and struts, and body panels, and struts....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Rally cars are badass, but I'm not a huge fan of that pugeot... I think it's the spoiler that's turning me off... spoilers aren't even functional in most rally races. I wish they showed more rally on tv around here... **** I wish Comcast would pull their heads out of their asses and pick up the speed channel.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the speed channel (Cox Digital) and rarely watch it. Saturday mornings (if I'm up) for the car shows, but otherwise I never see much of anything that looks interesting.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spoilers aren't even functional in most rally races
Actually those cars get going pretty fast in the straights and on pavement, they need rear downforce a lot to keep it stable when coming into right-5 at 80MPH so the rear end doesn't slide right off the mountain. The STi and Evo both have them, too.

BTW - There's an incredible rally game for the X-Box, I think it's called Rally Fusion (ralley..rallye...i don't know which way they spell it). I can't remember though, cuz there's a really crappy one out there two and I might have them confused.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'll just wait for Gran Tourismo 4... it should have the rally piece as it did in 3.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I think I heard that it's supposed be more involved this time. More attention payed to the rally portion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts