Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to get a new ECU when I turbo my Z? (Will ne tuned on a dyno). It’s an 03 and has the VQ35DE engine. If I do have to swap out the ECU, what’s a good one? Thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Do I need to get a new ECU when I turbo my Z? (Will ne tuned on a dyno). It’s an 03 and has the VQ35DE engine. If I do have to swap out the ECU, what’s a good one? Thanks
There are no "alternate" ECMs for the Z33. Your best bet would be to pick a tuner who has UpRev Osiris capability to reflash your current ECM for FI.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes, but neither the Haltech or Link ECMs are necessary for a FI application. Both are expensive units and usually a reflashed Nissan ECM is the better and more cost effective option.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Agree that reflashing is more cost effective but the after market ECU's are far better options, they have so many features and capabilities, they leave the old fashion Nissan ECU for dead.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
While the OP has left the room, I'm guessing he won't have the money to upgrade to a standalone ECM like the Haltech. Maybe he can chime in and let us know what his priorities are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts