Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Homemade Vinyl Overlays: cheap diy mod
Cheap DIY vinyl tint overlay....

1. Go to any automotive supply store and get "Static Cling" vinyl tint film for 3.99-14.99 ... No glue required, just a bit of water and static.

(For 14.99 you get a HUGE sheet 26 x 78 inches. Enough left over to tint ALL of your lights. Everything front and back, your wife, cousin, roomie, brothers, sisters car all at once, interior gauges too if you so please. )

2. Clean off headlights or surface with some simple green or windex.

3. Leave surface moist with water.

4. Apply "Static Cling" to headlights use a (pen, popsicle stick, pencil, whatevers) and make a SUPERFICIAL scratch, remove and cut on a glass coffee table or something. Make edges semi-clean. If its not great oh wells you have a huge sheet left over to make mistakes over and over again. lol

4. Use a squeegy or credit card to get the bubbles out. If the bubbles are persistent then use a hairdryer to warm the film up a bit.

5. Step back and smile. Take a goodlook at everything you just smoked. Works great for your home window too. Check out pics.... LOL Peel if you want it off, apply to front bumper to prevent rock chips. Works best on black cars. LOL...

Hope you guys enjoyed.

[attachmentid=9863]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
The problem is that it's all one image. Had they been kept as individual images, you would've been able to upload larger ones

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Nice write-up. I'd like to see some larger pics of the guages if you want to email them to me. buddyadwell[at]charter[dot]net

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This almost sounds to easy. :cheers:

You had no problems with the curve of the headlight lens?

I would think (!) that it might be an issue with a flat piece of plastic.

Further - why in **** doesn't Nissan make these standard? How much does the plastic cost? :doh:

Now - above and beyond this DIY project, does anyone have a link to a site that has covers already sized? :irock:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Why move it? We'd like to get the answers here. :irock:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
And - (!) WTF is a wikki? :shiftdrive:

(I've got far too many acronyms in my life)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Where have I been? Apparently not spending all of my waking hours on my computer.

And - I'm not sure I like your comment. I teach 2 online courses, so I'm not a computer dork.

Shall we engage in "who knows more?"

I don't think you'd like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts