Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to 350Z-Tech I've started my own custon FG kit, like Toykillas.

I just got done fiberglassing and adding Bondo.

Start sanding tomorrow, I'll post pics of progress tomorrow.

I love this site.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That's cool that you've gotten motivated from the site. I definitely want to see how it turns out! :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That's the problem I'm having myself. I was thinking about painting my console, but I too have an SB, and can't think of what color other than black would go.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hmm, that is a hard color to try to match! I was thinking CF, but that might be a little too much for the entire console (I don't even know how CF would be applied evenly). Black on black ain't bad :p

Edit: Hey, DiRN and 350Z stole my post!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
See, I think the problem with black is that it wouldn't look good unless everything was then painted the same black

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to have a brushed aluminum E-dash kit and the silver really looked good, but it peeled off. So I know how good that kinda silver looks.

On the other hand, I was thinking painting it to match my car, since I plan on tinting tailights, headlights, ect. making it the Black Bullet.

If I do it black, I'm getting Wadd's Custom Z plate as shown below:

and powdercoating it black as well.

Then have the orange LED's coming through.

I think THAT would look sharp.

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Originally posted by Bebopin Spike@Jul 15 2004, 09:28 PM
On the other hand, I was thinking painting it to match my car, since I plan on tinting tailights, headlights, ect.

Making it the Black Bullet.

In that case, black is the best way to go IMO. The dark look will look cool. Are you going to go with overlays for the brake lights or the method TK did?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by NismoKid+Jul 15 2004, 09:33 PM-->QUOTE (NismoKid @ Jul 15 2004, 09:33 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bebopin Spike
@Jul 15 2004, 09:28 PM
On the other hand, I was thinking painting it to match my car, since I plan on tinting tailights, headlights, ect.

Making it the Black Bullet.

In that case, black is the best way to go IMO. The dark look will look cool. Are you going to go with overlays for the brake lights or the method TK did?

TK baby, doing it for real.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Whao, just saw the pics you posted of the trim piece. I'm pretty sure Dave has the same one and it looks sweet (don't know if he has the LEDs though). LEDs will really set it off, can't wait to see the finished product. Do the LEDs come on when the headlights are on or is there a switch somewhere?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
SWEET! Cant wait to see the finished product.

For the color. I would either get it done in black, or i found this cool metallic silver that is almost the same color as the aluminum accents the interior has. Either way, clear coat, wet sand, and buff that thing so it shines!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts