Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Z to a local 1/8 mile drag strip last night and I'm not happy with my best time. Ran 9.40 at 77.5 mph. Car feels faster than that. I was looking for some 9.0s. There was a stock '05 Mustang GT, auto running 9.2 - 9.3. Guess it's time to add a bottle and spray it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
chill, my brother. Sounds to me like all you need is more experience. Talk to those who are faster. Learn from them. :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
chill, my brother. Sounds to me like all you need is more experience. Talk to those who are faster. Learn from them. :shiftdrive:
+1 Your Z should definately be faster. My first time at the track with mine I dont want to even think back to how badly I did. Just takes practice to learn how to launch it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hardly think experience has anything to do with it. I have been drag racing since my first new car in 1967 ('67 Plymouth GTX, 440 auto through my last car before the Z (2000 Pontiac Ws6 TA 6spd.)
:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I hardly think experience has anything to do with it. I have been drag racing since my first new car in 1967 ('67 Plymouth GTX, 440 auto through my last car before the Z (2000 Pontiac Ws6 TA 6spd.)
:shiftdrive:
keep trying dude u need to get used to the car, its pretty fast actualy for the price and all , but adding forced induction does make it faster :irock: i LOVE FI :wub:

·
Registered
12 Posts
you are also basing your speed on a 1/8 mile track. Your car is just starting to pick up speed at that point. Remember the power band of the Z is at the higher RPMs. I was running the same times on a 1/8 track when I was NA, but in the 1/4 I was turning 13.09 times. Now I need to find out what my TT does.

Peace out man

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
you are also basing your speed on a 1/8 mile track. Your car is just starting to pick up speed at that point. Remember the power band of the Z is at the higher RPMs. I was running the same times on a 1/8 track when I was NA, but in the 1/4 I was turning 13.09 times. Now I need to find out what my TT does.

Peace out man

+1... is there a 1/4 mile track around you to test your times? The Z is a lot better in the high end

1 - 9 of 9 Posts