Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, it's affordable enough to test out. I hope it comes with a detailed instruction book.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I researched digimoto about a year ago. No where near the cool factor you are looking for, Josh.
what do you mean cool factor? I need to read all of the sensors and diagnostics. Can you suggest an alternative?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
another question: These will work with the 350Z correct? I keep seeing about the special Nissan Consult infterface rather than the standard OBDII.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Digimoto software.. It's pretty cool.. still need some work though to be great.. I'm not liking some of the UI components very much.. and it crashes or hangs every now and then too.. I use it mainly for monitoring engine timing and clearing SES codes.. The G-Tech like functionality is pretty cool too but some parameters are wildly inaccurate and I have to enter my car base parameters every time.. uggg too time consuming..

hmmm I'll have to give this Cipher thing a try..

--mike

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have the uprev product, I am working with the developers to make it a bit more carpc friendly because the screens are bigger than 800x600 and all over the place. It works well on a laptop though.

The guys making Cipher have Gs and Zs so they have an interest in our cars and not just general diagnostics etc. also note that cipher can do things like +/- the timing by 2 degrees and adjust idle (although this may only work on 2004 and earlier cars, my 2004.5 does not respond to it).

It also has some odd features like unlocking the doors and stuff. The cable is just a standard connector on one side and usb on the other, no big boxes or anything to try to hide.

Chris

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the info...

Cipher looks good but whoa... it's like 4x more expensive than Digimoto!

but I'll have to consider buying it when they make it 800x600 friendly.. I have an early 04 and would love to play with the idle among other things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts